Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival 2010/1/23 00:28
Hi,

is there an English website on when the festival is held and how to get to the place by train? thks very much
by Usagi (guest)  

... 2010/1/23 10:19
January 29 to February 14, 2010

Access is explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6736.html

In Japanese:
http://www.shikotsuko.com/hyoto2010/index.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival 2010/1/24 07:51
Thks Uji san. have to give it a miss then :(
by Usagi (guest) rate this post as useful

Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival 2010/1/24 08:30
Hi Ujisan,

when Jorudan indicate the airport express and the end point is Chitose(Hokkaido), i presume airport is the endpoint, the airport express also stops at the Chitose station right?

The last bus from the lake is 5.45pm. I suppose to see the lights, I have to stay till then. If I were to miss the last bus, is there a taxi pick up point or taxis are by reservations only?

Many Thks.

... 2010/1/24 08:57
when Jorudan indicate the airport express and the end point is Chitose(Hokkaido), i presume airport is the endpoint, the airport express also stops at the Chitose station right?

You should enter "Shin Chitose Airport" to get the timetable for trains that terminate at the airport. I believe that the airport rapid trains all stop at Minami-Chitose Station before arriving at Shin-Chitose Airport Station.

If I were to miss the last bus, is there a taxi pick up point or taxis are by reservations only?

I doubt that there are taxis readily available, but I am not sure. It would also be a rather costly taxi ride.

Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival 2010/1/25 23:03
Thanks Uji. have been looking at the wrong timetable. :o

For the buses, any idea if the buses are typically crowded that I may encounter difficulty in getting on the last bus?

separately,for the airport bus from Narita to Haneda, have there been instances where the snowfall in Feb result in buses being stuck on the road?

Many Thanks.

Usagi

... 2010/1/26 07:35
For the buses, any idea if the buses are typically crowded that I may encounter difficulty in getting on the last bus?

After the end of a popular event, public transportation is usually crowded, but often there will be additional buses to manage the additional crowds. While you won't be left stranded alone at the bus stop, you should be anticipating delays. However, I am sorry, I am not familiar with the specific situation of the Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival.

separately,for the airport bus from Narita to Haneda, have there been instances where the snowfall in Feb result in buses being stuck on the road?

No, this risk is extremely low. The buses are much more likely to get stuck in traffic jams due to congestions caused by mere traffic volume or a traffic accident.

Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival 2010/1/27 10:17
Many Thanks Uji.

If anyone is familiar with the situation at the festival, would appreciate any advice on the use of public transportation.

Many Thanks.

Usagi

reply to this thread