Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Frome Europe to Tokyo... 4 Days 2010/1/26 07:39
Hi, First of all...Thanks for your help...I will be in Tokyo in April, it's the first time for me. However
I have only 3 days to visit it and I want to make the best of it.
It is also the first time for me in Tokyo.

I'm trying to plan some places to visit, if it's possible...I know it's a bit hard...but I won't visit Tokyo !!!
Ginza
Akihabara
Tsukiji
Sensoji's temple
Shinjuku
Shibuya
Roppongi hills and Tokyo city view
Odaiba

What do you suggest for my itnerary?

First day in Tokyo: I will be reaching Narita airport at 10.20am ...I think to buy Skyliner & metro pass...(can I buy two pass for each person? We are two..)
I must reach New Otani Hotel... I think I will be there at 13.00...Then? I don't Know in the afternoon...
DAY 1 -
DAY 2 -
DAY 3 -
DAY 4 Morning... Narita Airport...come back Home !

In the evening a sumo and kabuki-za event???

Apologies for the lengthy post...Best Regards Simon
by lechuck76  

... 2010/1/26 12:54
First day in Tokyo: I will be reaching Narita airport at 10.20am ...I think to buy Skyliner & metro pass...(can I buy two pass for each person? We are two..)
I must reach New Otani Hotel... I think I will be there at 13.00...

Direct airport buses provide the most convenient access to the New Otani Hotel:
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/2/53

After that, I would recommend the NEX&Suica package, but I don't think that the Skyliner&Metro ticket is a very good value.

What do you suggest for my itnerary?

For example:

DAY 1:
Ginza
Akihabara

DAY 2 -
Tsukiji (note closing days)
Sensoji
Odaiba

DAY 3 -
Shinjuku
Shibuya
Roppongi

In the evening a sumo and kabuki-za event?

The Kabuki-za will be closed and torn down from around early April. Even if you visit in time, the performances will likely be sold out far in advance and tickets difficult to get.

But there might be other performances elsewhere, such as the National Theatre, but it would make your itinerary even more busy:
http://www.ntj.jac.go.jp/cgi-bin/pre/search_e.cgi

There is no major sumo tournament in April, but some minor events, some of which might be hard to get tickets for:
http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/jungyo/schedule/index.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks for your support 2010/1/30 06:50
Thanks a lot...
Direct airport buses provide the most convenient access to the New Otani Hotel

I checked your option...I saw http://www.tokyometro.jp/global/en/ticket/narita.html#narita3

Limousine & Metro Pass costs 6,000 JPY two-way Airport Limousine bus and Tokyo Metro 2-Day Open Ticket + Special 2-Day Metro Open Ticket...6,980

Skyliner & Metro Pass (one-way Skyliner ticket and a Tokyo Metro 2-Day Open Ticket) costs 2,480... 2x 2,480...It's less then Limo..

I like very musch your itinerary...
I founded Bunraku event to the National Theater, but unfortunately no one sumo match...

Near New Otani Hotel...there is something to visit on foot?
Thank you for your help
Best Regards
Simon
by lechuck76 rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/30 08:41
I wrote earlier that the Kabukiza is scheduled to close in early April, but I am not sure anymore. Possibly it does not close until the end of April. And if that is the cae it is unlikely that all seats of all performances will be booked out, especially the ones during weekday daytime.

Around the New Otani, there is some shopping and dining, including the Ninja Restaurant:
http://www.ninjaakasaka.com/top_main.html

And many of Tokyo's attractions are just short subway rides away.
by Uji rate this post as useful

From Europe to Tokyo... 4 Days 2010/3/3 07:36
Hi...Sorry but during this time I saw some traveller's book about tokyo...
I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me setting up the itinerary that optimises the time available to see these Tokyo attractions.
Now What do you suggest for my itnerary?
Time frame: from Sunday 27th March (I think I will be there at 13.00) to 31st March (Narita Airport 12.20).

27th Afternoon (Saturday)
28th (Sunday)
29th
30th
31st Morning... Narita Airport

These is what I would like to visit...

Akihabara, Ginza, Palazzo Imperiale, Teatro Kabuki-za, Tokyo International Forum, Tokyo Tower, Shiodome, Garden Hama, Tsukiji,
Akihabara: Laox, Yodobashi...
Ginza: Hankyu e Seibu, Incrocio Yon-chome, Printemps, Wako, Matsuya, Mikimoto, San'ai Building, Asashi Building, Sony Showroom, Mitsukoshi
Shiodome: S. City Center, Nagakin Capsule Tower
Garden Hama: Tea House Nakajima
Temple Senso ji,
Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Sanctuary Meiji
Sumitomo Building, Omotesando Hills,
Shibuya: Center Gai, Tokyu Hands, Hachiko, Humax Pavillon Building, Parco Yoyogi
Roppongi Hill Tokyo City View
Odaiba

I agree, the schedule will be extremely tight with that itinerary !!!!
Thank you very, very much in advance for any help you can provide.
Best regards...
Simone

by lechuck76 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread