Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ski insurance 2010/2/7 22:01
My partner and I are heading to Nozawa Onsen for a few days of skiing. In Japan, do you get ski insurance automatically when you buy your lift pass for the day, or can you choose to pay a little bit extra to buy it alongside your pass like in Europe? Am asking because we'll only be skiing for a few days out of a three week holiday and getting a travel insurance that would cover us for skiing for the duration of the holiday would be a waste of money.

Cheers for any info!
by Elie (guest)  

ski insurance 2010/2/8 09:59
I do not believe that insurance is covered in the cost of a lift ticket, and don't see it as an extra offered by Nozawa Ski Resort. Instead I would purchase travel insurance, which can be extremely cheap. I've used World Nomads in the past and (although I didn't need to make a claim) it comes recommended by Lonely Planet and was cheap and easy to purchase. 3 days coverage, which includes skiing, costs as little as 10 euro.

http://www.worldnomads.com/
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread