Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ATMs with Cirrus 2010/2/10 20:55
Does anyone know where i could find an ATM which accepts Cirrus cards? I am having a helluva time looking for one. I am staying in Nagoya

Thank you.
by flintz (guest)  

... 2010/2/11 02:40
by Uji rate this post as useful

moar 2010/2/11 08:34
also 7/11 and many other places.
by zuoteng (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/12 00:50
also 7/11 and many other places

No! 7/11 ATMs do NOT accept Cirrus, but I believe that post offices still do.

Get Cash at Airport 2010/4/16 09:03
You can often find an ATM at the airport. Like Uji says,7/11 does not offer cirrus any longer. Kyoto Post office had a ridiculous 10,000Y linit on withdrawals. Like one good meal & a piss up or what? At Kansai International there is one ATM inside the terminal close to the bus stops. You`ll see the lineup!
by Gaijinagain (guest) rate this post as useful

post offices 2010/4/16 09:16
wow this thread is abit old...

but yea, ive went to japan already. I wasn't looking for an ATM in the airport as i was staying there for 2 weeks and would probably need cash after a week. I wasn't going to go to the airport just to withdraw cash...

but as uji said, post offices are the only place. I withdrew 30,000yen easy. But yea, not offering Cirrus is quite backwards technology....alot of international banks use it nowadays.
by flintz (guest) rate this post as useful

ATM 2010/4/16 14:22
"At Kansai International there is one ATM inside the terminal close to the bus stops."
Not so.. There are ATM on main, 2 and 4.. see http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/money/index.html#_02
by Momkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/16 14:32
Kyoto Post office had a ridiculous 10,000Y linit on withdrawals.

That is most likely the ridiculous limit of your bank card, not of the Kyoto post office. I believe that the limit set by post office ATMs is usually one million yen per transaction, which is always much higher than the individual cards' limits. Note that daily limits for oversea withdrawals are usually set lower than for domestic withdrawals.

... 2010/4/16 14:34
... or it could be due to the time zones. Daily limits are calculated based on a calendar day of your home country and not the Japanese calendar day. So, it can happen that if you use a Japanese ATM at night and the following morning, both transaction fall into the same calendar day with respect to your home country and you won't be able to withdraw as much as you would have thought you could.

Another question regarding ATMs... 2010/4/16 22:16
I really don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but I don't think my question warrants a new thread. Basically, I want to know which ATMs in Japan accept ATM cards with the STAR logo. To make a long story short, when I banked with Washington Mutual, I used to withdraw money from Japanese ATMs in place like 7/11 no problem. However, after Chase bought them out,they began to use Mastercard debits with the Star logo. Will the Post Office ATMs work?
by CorruptionDee rate this post as useful

Another question regarding Cirrus... 2010/6/18 21:32
Are the Post Offices in Japan still accepting Cirrus card? Because mine can't be used anymore to withdraw money... it worked perfectly the last time I used it in Japan two months ago, and now it will not work.

First I thought it was a problem with my card, so I called my bank (National Bank of Canada), but they said everything was okay. They told me my card may be demagnetized, so they even sent me a new one. But even the new one is not working. :(

Am I screwed? Or are they some other banks that accept Cirrus cards?
by Lufia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread