Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oysters in Kumamoto? 2010/2/15 16:25
Where are the best places to eat oysters in Kumamoto City?
by banmanb2  

Kumamoto Oysters 2010/3/9 06:33
Kumamoto oysters are my favorite type of oysters, however, I haven't heard any fanfare about oysters at all while researching about Kumamoto. Has the cultivation of these types of oysters since been exported? Do the locals not celebrate their oysters as much as fine restaurants half way around the world?
by Bdub (guest) rate this post as useful

extinct 2010/3/9 13:57
There are no Kumamoto oysters in Kumamoto anymore. They are all extinct from pollution.
Hiroshima is well known for oysters.
If you are ever in San Francisco, go to Hog Island Oyster Co. for tiny Kumamoto oysters. We had some recently and they were delicious. I used to snack them also in Chicago whenever I took a business trip before flight. I forgot the name but it is located right across from Marriott, next to a Jazz joint.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Yup 2010/3/11 06:40
dude...i've been to the exact places you mentioned...Hog Island at SanFran's Port building and Shaw's Crab House off Hubbard in ChiTown. Kumamoto oysters...great stuff. Need to find some in Japan!
by Bdub (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/11 09:40
Ha,ha,ha, you know those great places!
We were also oystered out in New Orleans & haven't been back there since the hurricane. I wonder how much now. It used to be 50 cents/oyster. Also delicious deep fried soft shell crabs at a restaurant in the alligator infested bayou. I need to find out if it was washed out.
If you are in SF, drive up to Hog Island Oyster Co. on HW 1 past beautiful Stinson Beach & Point Reyes where the hippies once hang out but now cyclist's lunch/rest stop. Great Cowgirl Creamery cheese factory there, too.
In Japan, Hiroshima oyster is good.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread