Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train from Yokohama to Shinjuku Station 2010/2/16 12:40
My Husband and I will be arriving in Yokohama on a royal Carribean cruise liner. I have booked a hotel within walking distance of the Shinjuku Rail station. Can someone please advise the best way to do get to Shinjuku Station. We will have a large suitcase each and will this be a problem taking luggage on a train. Also we would like to have a look around Yokohama before leaving for Shinjuku. Is theres somewhere where we can leave our luggage safely stored? Slternatively is there Yokohama half day sightseeing tour which would allow us to take luggage?
by shoeys  

. 2010/2/16 18:58
There are about 4 direct trains per hour from Yokohama station to Shinjuku station and takes about 30 minutes.You can check times and fares here:

http://www.hyperdia.com/

You do not say at which time you plan to travel to Shinjuku, but as long as it is not rush hour it should not be a problem.

You should be able to find luggage lockers at Yokohama station, but if your suitcases are very large you may have a problem finding a locker large enough.

You don't not say if you will return to the cruise at the end of your stay in Tokyo or for how long you will stay in Tokyo. If you are only in Tokyo for a few days and will return to the cruise, it might be easier to only take the items you need for your stay and leave the rest on the cruise liner.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

reply to this thread