Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama-Fukuoka-Japan Alp 2010/2/23 01:49
we are group of 6 persons
going to Japan in APR 13-20

Here's my itinerary
Please advice if there should be any changes or better route

13: Arrive Nagoya Airport- Takayama - SHirakaawago - Stay at Takayama

14: Takayama Festival - Gero - Stay Osaka

15: Leave Osaka in morning to Fukuoka - Stay Fukuoka

16: Leave Fukuoka to Huis Ten Bosch - Back to Stay in Osaka

17: Leave Osaka to Miyajima - Kintaikyo - A Bomb dome - then back to Osaka - night train Kitaguni to Toyama

18: Toyama - Japan Alps - Matsumoto Castle - Stay Tokyo

19: Leave Tokyo to Osaka

20: Shopping Osaka

i know it's quite going and back, but
the Festival fix me in APR 14
and Alps fix me after APR 17

for me i carefully check the possibility to do as this route
but i don't know is it possible to do in reality

please someone who has experience, advice me

Thank you in advance
by bikka (guest)  

... 2010/2/23 06:32
This itinerary need a lot of improvement! Did you consult a map and look into the travel times at all?

13: Arrive Nagoya Airport- Takayama - SHirakaawago - Stay at Takayama

Unless you arrive in Nagoya very early in the morning, you won't have enough time to visit Shirakawago on day 1.

14: Takayama Festival - Gero - Stay Osaka

You will have to leave Takayama in the early afternoon in order to pack in Gero and proceed to Osaka within the day. The festival does not really get going until afternoon:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5909.html

16: Leave Fukuoka to Huis Ten Bosch - Back to Stay in Osaka

17: Leave Osaka to Miyajima - Kintaikyo - A Bomb dome - then back to Osaka - night train Kitaguni to Toyama

By all means, don't return to Osaka if you visit Iwakuni, Miyajima and Hiroshima the next day! It would greatly reduce your time available at Huis Ten Bosch and cause many additional hours on the train. I recommend to overnight a second night in Fukuoka instead and then travel Iwakuni-Miyajima-Hiroshima on the next day (a very packed day).

Toyama - Japan Alps - Matsumoto Castle - Stay Tokyo

I assume you plan to travel the Alpen Route. Note that Matsumoto Castle closes at 17:00. You might not be able to make it in time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/2/23 12:55
Thank you very much as always, Uji for your very fast advice.
I did see the map, i also feel it s "going and back" itinerary too

day 1 plane will be landing at 7.10
i am thinking to go Gero instead of shirakawago
then on day 2 i can stay longer in takayama and go straight to osaka in evening

i also want to stay one more night in fukuoka but our budget is quite tight, also we have free accommation in osaka. That s why i try to return to osaka

sorry uji i didnt inform you about this point.

And about japan alps,
i ll arrive toyama very early morning at 4.30
i wonder what time is the earliest i can leave from
dentetsu, if the first railway is very early, i expect i can reach matsumoto about 3.30-4.00 pm, anyway if it s not possible to go, i ll directly go to tokyo instead

from more information i explain, if you have any advice please feel free to comment

thank you
by Bikka (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/24 07:54
If you start from Toyama very early, yes, you might be able to fit in Matsumoto Castle. The followinf timetables are unlikely to change in a major way for 2010:
http://www.alpen-route.com/english/Access/index4.html

........ 2010/2/24 13:08
We did a similar trip in April 2008, with no back tracking - Nagoya-Gero-Takayama-Shirakawa-go-Kanazawa-Toyama-Tateyama Alpine route-Matsumoto-Tokyo.

In my opinion, u should not rush through places like Takayama, Shirakawa-go & Tateyama alpine route, Miyajima etc. U seems to be spending a lot of travelling time, waking up in early mornings and just touch & go sightseeing. And bear in mind, it is the peak period at Tateyama alpine route so to do the whole journey within a day is quite tight.

Consider dropping Fukuoka, Miyajima....
by CYC (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/28 10:53
13: Arrive Nagoya Airport- Gero - Hida no Sato - Takayama - Stay at Takayama

14: Takayama Festival - Stay Osaka

15: Leave Osaka in morning to Huis Ten Bosch - Stay Fukuoka

16: Fukuoka - Stay Fukuoka

17: Leave Fukuoka to Miyajima - Kintaikyo - A Bomb dome - then back to Osaka - night train Kitaguni to Toyama

18: Toyama - Japan Alps - Matsumoto Castle - Stay Tokyo

19: Leave Tokyo to Osaka

20: Shopping Osaka

I hope it'll be better ?? ^^
by bikka (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/1 02:40
Arrive Nagoya Airport- Gero - Hida no Sato - Takayama - Stay at Takayama

Note that Hida no Sato and most other attractions in Takayama close around 5pm.

15: Leave Osaka in morning to Huis Ten Bosch - Stay Fukuoka

Note that this day will involve seven hours on board of trains! Not much time left for Huis Ten Bosch.

Leave Fukuoka to Miyajima - Kintaikyo - A Bomb dome - then back to Osaka

The correct order should be: Fukuoka - Kintaikyo - Miyajima - Hiroshima. A very packed day!

night train Kitaguni to Toyama

As you know, you will arrive at 4:30 in the morning! This won't help you recover from the preceding days with their tiring program.

I think you try to pack too much into the few days you have. The proportion between train rides and time spent sightseeing is not very favorable, and a lot if days are packed. If you like such an itinerary, it can be done. But to the average traveler I would recommend to drop one of the more remote destinations of your itinerary to slow it down, e.g. Huis Ten Bosch.

reply to this thread