Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Itinerary 2010/2/23 08:38
Hi,

I will be in Japan this Sat. However, not my first trip to Japan but definitely my first to Kansai region therefore need some advice

Please see below for my itinerary

27 Feb - Flight arrived late at Osaka

28 Feb - Train to Kyoto. My ryokan is around Karasumaoike Station.

- Kinkakuji Temple(Rokuon Temple)

-Ryoanji Temple

-Tenryuji Temple
Qns : How do I get to Keifuku Arashiyama stn from Ryoanji. Does anyone know how much the vegetarian meals cost?
- Bambo Groves

Qns : Can I be in time back for the dinner at the ryokan if I travel to Arahiyama

1st March - Nijo Castle
-Imperial/Kyoto Palace (at 2pm)
- Start from Nishiki Ichiba all the way walk to Yasaka Shrine then to Gion Corner

Qns : Is it possible to walk?

2nd March - Ginkakuji Temple
- Path of Philosophy
-Kumano Nyakuoji Shrine
-Nanzenji Temple
-Heian Shrine
-Chion-in Temple
-Kodaiji Temple
-Kiyomizu Temple

Qns : My intention is to walk from the 1st temple and end at Kiyomizu. Is it possible to complete all by walking. Or I should just take bus

3rd March to 6th of March - All at Osaka.

Qns : Since Osaka is mostly shopping. Feel that I might have allocated too many days at Osaka. I intend to take out 1 day from Osaka. Any suggestions? Between Nara or Kobe which is better? Or is there other better 1 day side tour? I do not mind travelling back to Kyoto if my Kyoto itinerary is not feasible?

Qns : Which is the best transport pass that I should purchase

by Qing (guest)  

... 2010/2/23 12:23
You can easily get from Ryoan-ji to Keifuku Arashiyama by boarding the Keifuku train at Ryoanji station which is some 500 meters south of the temple. If you want you can also follow the main road from Kinkakuji that goes by Ryoanji and takes you to Ninnaji. I really liked this temple and it's worth considering. From Ninnaji to Arashiyama is super easy. Just follow the road from the huge gate of the temple south and you'll bump straight into Keifuku OmuroNinnaji station.

Good luck!
by DB (guest) rate this post as useful

Kansai trip 2010/2/23 16:10
I will be in Japan this Sat
have a good trip ;-)

Qns : How do I get to Keifuku Arashiyama stn from Ryoanji. Does anyone know how much the vegetarian meals cost?

Qns : Can I be in time back for the dinner at the ryokan if I travel to Arahiyama

It appears to me that it will be a long day, as Arashiyama area deserves a full day on its own

Qns : Is it possible to walk?
Yes it should be no problem

Qns : My intention is to walk from the 1st temple and end at Kiyomizu. Is it possible to complete all by walking. Or I should just take bus

This is a beautiful walk but you are in for a long day and does not leave much time for sight seing at each stop

Qns : Since Osaka is mostly shopping. Feel that I might have allocated too many days at Osaka. I intend to take out 1 day from Osaka. Any suggestions? Between Nara or Kobe which is better? Or is there other better 1 day side tour? I do not mind travelling back to Kyoto if my Kyoto itinerary is not feasible?

You should go to Nara which would nicely fill a day. Another proposal would be to head for Koyasan that can be also done in a day

Qns : Which is the best transport pass that I should purchase
In Kyoto there are day passes subway only or combined subway/bus; but since you intend to walk a lot... I do not know if you will save a lot by buying passes.

Have a good trip!
by iwander rate this post as useful

Fushimi Inari Shrine 2010/2/26 08:34
Hi,

I am thinking maybe I should change my Arashiyama plan to Fushimi Inari Shrine. Any comments on this?

Thanks
by qing (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread