Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gotemba factory outlet frm Kawaguchiko 2010/2/25 18:25
Hi all!

1) I heard there are buses from Lake Kawaguchiko that take you to Gotemba factory outlet. Is there a webpage that shows more information about this?

2) I am using JR rail pass. Does anyone know if the buses from Lake Kawaguchiko to Gotemba factory outlet is covered under this rail pass?

3) Please help to advise if my itinerary is too rush ?

morning
Tokyo (via limited exp & fuji exp) to Lake Kawaguchiko

Late afternoon
Lake Kawaguchiko to Gotemba factory outlet for shopping

Evening
Return back to Tokyo

Thanks in advance!
by ada (guest)  

... 2010/2/26 01:18
I heard there are buses from Lake Kawaguchiko that take you to Gotemba factory outlet. Is there a webpage that shows more information about this?

Yes, there are a small number (2 or 3) of direct buses, and a lot more buses (about one per hour or more) that require a transfer to the free shuttle bus at Gotemba Station.

The following website shows the timetable in Japanese:
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/jikokuhyo/01.html

‰ÍŒûŒÎ‰w means Kawaguchiko Station
Œä“aê‰w(’…) means arrival at Gotemba Station
Œä“aêƒvƒŒƒ~ƒAƒ€ƒAƒEƒgƒŒƒbƒg means Gotemba Premium Outlet Mall

Be aware that not all buses in the timetable operate everyday.

The direct buses to the mall leave Kawaguchiko Station at 10:00, 11:40 and 14:10, but the 14:10 departure operates on weekends and public holidays only.

I am using JR rail pass. Does anyone know if the buses from Lake Kawaguchiko to Gotemba factory outlet is covered under this rail pass?

No, it is not covered.

Please help to advise if my itinerary is too rush ?

It depends on how much you intend to do around Lake Kawaguchiko. Basically, the trip from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko takes 2 hours and the trip from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba 1.5 hours. so, if you start early in the morning, you have relatively much time at your disposal.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks!! 2010/2/26 11:03
Dear Uji

Thank you for your reply.

I have another question, hope you can advise me on it.

I checked on hyperdia about going to Gotenba from Shinjuku. It seems it only needs 1 transfer : on JR ShonanShinjuku Line to Kozu on JR Gotenba Line to Gotenba(2hrs15min)
I guess this will be covered under my JR pass?
If I'm using this route, I will leave Shinjuku at about 12 -1pm.

Is this way more feasible so I can leave Fuji 5 lakes on another day to fully appreciate the place?

Let me know your thoughts, thank you in advance !
by ada (guest) rate this post as useful

Kawaguchi-Gotenba 2010/2/26 12:13
I would be a little surprised if it takes 1.5 hours to go from Kawaguchi to Gotenba.

By car it takes me, maybe 40-50min at the most. It's only 35-40km, and most of that is on the toll road.
I suppose if the bus stops frequently, it might take a while.....
by Sandy (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/27 03:11
I checked on hyperdia about going to Gotenba from Shinjuku. It seems it only needs 1 transfer : on JR ShonanShinjuku Line to Kozu on JR Gotenba Line to Gotenba(2hrs15min)
I guess this will be covered under my JR pass?

It depends on the JR pass. If it is a nationwide Japan Rail Pass, then it is fully covered. If it is a JR East Pass, the section between Kozu and Gotemba is not covered.

Is this way more feasible so I can leave Fuji 5 lakes on another day to fully appreciate the place?

Do you mean splitting Gotemba and Kawaguchiko into two separate day trips? Yes, of course, this is another option. And certainly feasible if you have enough days at your disposal.

... 2010/2/27 03:13
Sandy, the bus does not use the toll road. Why don't you just check the timetables yourself if you don't believe it.

thank you!! 2010/2/27 10:26
Dear Uji

Thank you for your help!
by ada (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread