Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Once more JR Pass question 2010/2/26 06:07
I've done my research and looking for advice. We will be traveling with 5 year old, which generally doesnt need JR PASS (until 6 years old). We will have 14 days passes for adults and will be staying 5 days in Tokyo, than trip to Hiroshima for 2 days, few more days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara and back to Tokyo. We will use JR a lot. I think we still should get pass for our kid Emy understanding is that even she will be allowed to travel for free we cant reserve seat for her. It would be important especially for longer trips between the cities. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks - ROB
by XTRambo  

... 2010/2/26 07:00
my understanding is that even she will be allowed to travel for free we cant reserve seat for her.

That's right. But note that most trains have some cars with unreserved seats, which can be used for free by your child. The only risk is that you might not find vacant sets when it is crowded. This risk can be decreased in case you board the train at its first station by arriving on the platform in advance. But if you board a train along the way and it is crowded, you might have to stand.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread