Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto 2010/2/26 09:36
I am planning to do a day trip to Kyoto from Osaka. There is the Hankyu Kyoto Line from Umeda Station to Kawaramachi Station in central Kyoto. Just wondering if that is a better station to arrive compared to Kyoto station in terms of locality and access to the popular Kyoto sights?

Also is there a bus service from Osaka to Kyoto?

Many thanks....jim
by jim (guest)  

depends on the place 2010/2/26 11:02
It depends on the place you want to visit.
http://www.japanvisitor.com/index.php?cID=374&pID=779

If you want to visit central Kyoto, taking Hankyu line is the best choice. Karasuma station is located in just center of Kyoto.
It's also available choice if you want to visit Gion district. Hankyu's Kawaramachi station is not far from there.
(However, taking Keihan line is the best choice for visiting Gion and eastern Kyoto.)
JRfs Kyoto station is located in southend of Kyoto. I use to take JR only when visit Toji temple or two Honganji temples.

It takes 40 minutes and costs 390yen from Umeda to Karasuma or Kawaramachi, by Hankyu line.
It takes 30 minutes and costs 540yen from Osaka to Kyoto, by JR line.
It takes 50 minutes and costs 400yen from Yodoyabashi to Gion-Shijo, by Keihan line.
by o-k (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/27 03:18
As mentioned by o-k, it entirely depends on the sights you wish to visit. Depending on the sights, Hankyu, Keihan or JR can be most convenient.

And I think that the intersection of Kawaramachi and Shijo above Hankyu Kawaramachi Station is generally considered the center of Kyoto.

Also is there a bus service from Osaka to Kyoto?

No.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread