Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Freepass 2010/2/26 22:39
I am thinking of getting the Hakone Freepass in Odawara as I will be leaving from Fussa w/the JR Pass. Will I be able to use the freepass for 2 days W/O spending the night?

Like can I do Tokyo--Odawara--Freepass to Hakone (1 day) and do it the next day as well since it's valid for 2 days? Or, does it only cover the roundtrip only and I could ONLY use it for 1 day since I'm not staying in Hakone for 2 days? I figure for the cost I would like to go 2 days. Thanks

by dancing09  

... 2010/2/27 03:49
I am thinking of getting the Hakone Freepass in Odawara as I will be leaving from Fussa w/the JR Pass. Will I be able to use the freepass for 2 days W/O spending the night?

Yes, you will be. The pass is valid for up to two days. It does not matter if you use it over the entire two days or just for a fourth of a day.

Like can I do Tokyo--Odawara--Freepass to Hakone (1 day) and do it the next day as well since it's valid for 2 days?

No, only one round trip between Tokyo and Odawara is allowed.

Also note that if you start from Fussa, you should not travel via central Tokyo, but via Machida instead. You can buy the Hakone Free Pass at Machida Station
by Uji rate this post as useful

Another Question... 2010/2/27 04:33
Uji--Thanks!

So, since only one R/T is allowed, how can I go for 2 days? Will I have to pay to get transportation the next day instead? I'm assuming the round trip is valid for one day only since I'm not spending the night.

I am going to check out the other station you listed to see if it's in the free area. Thanks again. Sorry if this sounds stupid.
by dancing09 rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/27 07:17
I recommend to use the pass for your initial trip to Hakone and then your final return trip on day 2 and buy regular tickets for the additional trips from Hakone to Fussa and back to Hakone.

... 2010/3/3 00:53
Is it going out the way to go from Fussa to Odawara? I was thinking of saving money since Machida is 4700 yen compared to 3900 yen. Also, by pricing the r/t back from Odawara to Fussa, I'm getting 1740 yen--is this correct? I did Mar 15th as a tentative date? That's almost another $20, so it may be best that we do this for one dayI'm leaving out tomorrow and flying on Thursday. But then I put in Hakone on hyperdia and there are 3 different places, so i can't get a clear price. Help?
by dancing09 (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/3 02:56
Sorry, I forgot that you have a Japan Rail Pass. In that case it is better to take JR to Odawara and then the Hakone Free Pass from Odawara. The fastest route is by JR Yokohama Line and kodama shinkansen via Hachioji and Shin-Yokohama.

Thanks 2010/3/3 08:33
Thanks Uji. I'm guessing it's better to just do the r/t on the one day, bc the trip on the second day seems like it is about $20, and it would probably be more economical to just do it on one day. Thanks again! I am so excited...
by dancing09 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread