Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama - Kyoto - Nara in 1 day? 2010/2/27 17:31
Hi, I would like to double check if my I day iterenary in Kyoto area is possible?

I stay in Osaka and my visit will be most like as below..

Osaka - Arashiyama - Nijojo - Kiyomizudera - Fujimi Inari - Nara - Osaka.

My plan of transportation
Osaka - Arashiyama (JR)
Arshiyama - Kyoto Station (JR)
Kyoto Station - Nijojo (Bus/Subway?)
Kyoto Station - Kiyomizudera (Bus/Subway?)
Kyoto Station - Fujimi Inari (JR)
Fujimi Inari - Nara (JR)
Nara - Osaka (JR)

is it doable in one day? Any other suggetion on transportation?
by mrafidi  

... 2010/2/28 03:20
I am afraid that it is utterly impossible. Way too much. I recommend 2-3 days for the places mentioned.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Need 2 days 2010/2/28 11:56
You would need at least 2 days. You could do Arashiyama (quick visit), Nijo and Kiyomizu on one very full day- but even then you would be moving quickly. Then do Fushimi Inari and Nara on the second day. It depends on your style of travelling.
by Lmg (guest) rate this post as useful

2 days.. 2010/3/2 16:05
Thanks for the feedback... I think, I'll split into 2 days as follow

Day 1
from Hiroshima (will be in Hiroshima from previous day) to Nara and visit Nara area. Back to Hotel in Osaka.

Day 2
From Osaka to Arashiyama and proceed with Kyoto Area (Nijojo, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari etc) and back to hotel in Osaka.

How about the iterenary above?
by mrafidi rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/3 03:54
Selecting a hotel in Osaka will introduce additional travel time. I recommend to stay in either Nara or Kyoto.

From Osaka to Arashiyama and proceed with Kyoto Area (Nijojo, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari etc) and back to hotel in Osaka.

There is no time for "etc". Even without the "etc", you will have to travel at a very fast pace in order to pack in everything into a single day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Osaka... 2010/3/3 20:02
uji-san,

I choose Osaka as my based because of a few reason

1) I can visit Osaka (Namba area) at night as I don't have much time during day time...
2) I plan to stay a night at Kyoto but I hardly find accomodation within my budget at this time.

I have an option to drop Nara and used that time visit to Osaka more... what's your opinion on that matter?

Thank you again for your continuos support... I just to make sure that I covered most of interseting places in Japan for my wife because this will be her first time visit to Japan.

... 2010/3/3 21:00

Nijojo, Kiyomizudera, Fujimi Inari

This would be a good busy day. You still have to travel between places and eat. Don't come to Kyoto and miss out on the food experience!

Kiyomizu and Fushimi Inari are two of the more time-consuming places (you want to take your time a little bit and there's a lot of walking).

If you came on the first express from Osaka and got to Kyoto by 8-9 am, then you could fit in Arashiyama. But you're pretty much running from location to location without having gotten anything out of being there.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Arashiyama or Nara? 2010/3/5 00:20
I just need to choose between Arashiyama or Nara. Which one is highly recomended especially during spring?

Day 1
from Hiroshima (will be in Hiroshima from previous day) to Arashiyama or Nara. back to hotel in Osaka.

Day 2
From Osaka to Kyoto Area (Nijojo, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari etc) and back to hotel in Osaka.

reply to this thread