Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji-Kyoto 2-day itinerary 2010/2/28 00:50
I'm planning to spend April 1-2 to see Kyoto & Himeji but I'm confused about the itinerary. Can you please help me organize it in the most efficient way (since my time is limited)? I want to see:

- Himeji Castle
- Fushimi Inari
- Kinkakuji temple
- Royanji temple
- Nijojo castle
- Philosopher's path
- Yasaka shrine
- Kiyomizu-dera
- Sanjusangendo temple
- Gion, Pontocho & Kiyamachi area

It seems already packed, but is it also possible to squeeze in Otagi Nenbutu-ji?

Many thanks!

Btw, is it a public holiday on April 2nd in Japan? (it's Good Friday)
by tfitris  

... 2010/2/28 03:49
It depends on where you will be at the beginning of day 1 and where you will be at the end of day 2.

It also strongly depends on your pace of travel. If you travel at a fast pace, you might be able to pack in the entire list of attractions.

But if you prefer a slow pace of travel, it is too much.

is it a public holiday on April 2nd in Japan? (it's Good Friday)

No. Japan is not a Christian country.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/2/28 08:07
I highly doubt that you will be able to squeeze all of these in as it is, but Otagi Nenbutsuji Temple is way too far out of the way to see all of those AND that temple.

To see that temple, the best itinerary is to just see all of Arashiyama. Otagi Nenbutusji is one of the furthest to the North in Arashiyama, so from there it is convenient to work your way south and visit all the temples and shrines along the way down to the bridge and Monkey Park.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

Dropping Otagi Nenbutu-ji 2010/2/28 14:10
Thanks both for the reply! Ok, I'll drop Otagi Nenbutu-ji.

My plan is to start April 1 morning at Himeji then I go to Fushimi Inari (just to see the torii, don't need to go all the way up), then from the list above, which one can I squeeze for the rest of the day? Maybe Nijo castle? Does that sound doable?

And then April 2nd, see the rest of the temples on the list?

Appreciate your input!
by tfitris rate this post as useful

reply to this thread