Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Help 2010/2/28 12:59
I have about 2 1/2 days in Kyoto. I need some advice. The first day we will arrive from Kobe around 9:30am. I will take subway to Nijo Castle, Take a bus to Kinkakuji and also visit Ryoanji. I want to get back to Nishiki Market. If I take a cab, What would I be looking at? Should I take the bus and subway to Nishiki?

On the 2nd day, I will be staying at Westin Miyako Kyoto. What would be the best order to see Heian, Nanzenji, and Philosopher's Path from Westin? Nearest St is Keage.
by Mitsuo (guest)  

... 2010/3/1 03:44
I want to get back to Nishiki Market. If I take a cab, What would I be looking at?

You are looking at around 2000 yen from Ryoanji to Nishiki.

Should I take the bus and subway to Nishiki?

It is another option. Up to you.

On the 2nd day, I will be staying at Westin Miyako Kyoto. What would be the best order to see Heian, Nanzenji, and Philosopher's Path from Westin?

Where do you want to be at the end of the day? Back at the Westin?

The three sights can all be visited on foot. But if you look at a map, you will see that they are not conveniently located in one line. So, almost any order can be selected, especially one of the following:

Westin - Heian - Nanzenji - Philosopher
Westin - Nanzenji - Heian - Philosopher
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/1 12:57
Thanks Uji! Around March 18, Will blossoms be visible on the path? I know it's rather early for best viewing. Will probably take the train to Demachi Yanagi, See Ginkakuji and work down the path and see Heian and Nanzenji. Will follow that with train down to Fushimi Inari and work North until I can't walk anymore.
by Mitsuo (guest) rate this post as useful

cherry blossoms 2010/3/1 23:23
I am also going to Kyoto this Spring, but a few weeks after you :)

I've been eye-ing this link for updates on this year's cherry blossoms. Hope this helps: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011.html
by edith (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/3 04:25
Around March 18, Will blossoms be visible on the path?

It is most likely to be too early. Only a small number of early-flowering cherry tree varieties might be in bloom already. But for the majority of trees, it is very likely to be too early.

... 2010/3/4 12:50
Since the blossoms will be rather limited on the path, I will walk from Westin and see Hiean and Nanzrnji. Take a little of the path and head down to Fushimi. I have decided to take the no 12 bus to Kinkakuji from Nijojo Mae bus stop on Horikawa Dori after visiting Nijo. Does the 12 run in both directions? Will I be able to get on the 12 after visiting Ryoanji at Kinugasa Somoncho or Ritsumeikan Daigaku Mae bus stop and ride all the way back to Shijo Keihan Mae bus stop? Which stop is closer after Ryoanji?

... 2010/3/4 15:19
Does the 12 run in both directions?

Yes. But note that the 12 runs only twice per hour.

Will I be able to get on the 12 after visiting Ryoanji at Kinugasa Somoncho or Ritsumeikan Daigaku Mae bus stop and ride all the way back to Shijo Keihan Mae bus stop?

Yes. But I don't recommend it because central Kyoto around Shijo can be very crowded with bad traffic jams. But it depends on the time of the day and week.

Which stop is closer after Ryoanji?

Ritsumeikan Daigaku Mae is closer, about a 10-15 minute walk from Ryoanji.

... 2010/3/4 17:07
Once again Uji, Thanks! This is busting my brain. My next thought is to hire Uji and let him be my guide! I'l figure it out one way or another.

reply to this thread