Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice for 11D Tokyo-Osaka Itinerary 2010/3/1 12:41
Hi,

I'll be visiting Japan this coming April. Below are a rough itinerary that I've come up with, not too sure whether is it realisitic. The whole trip evolve around shopping, fun and food :)

18/4 (Sun) Arrive NRT 8am. NEX to Shinjuku by 11am (leave luggage at Sunroute Shinjuku). Lunch (any nice place to recommend?) Afternoon Shibuya + Harajuku + Omotesando. Evening Shinjuku area (any good food place to recommend?)

19/4 (Mon) Disneyland

20/4 (Tues) DisneySea

21/4 (Wed) Morning Asakusa (any iconic food place to try?). Afternoon Akihabara or Odaiba (which one should i go?) Evening any good place to check out or nice food joint to visit?

22/4 (Thurs) Day trip to Nikko + Onsen (Tobu All Nikko Pass worth it?)

23/4 (Fri) Morning check out hotel. Noon train to Osaka. Check in hotel (Swissotel Nankai, Namba). Afternoon Shinsaibashi + Amerikamura. Evening Dotonbori (Recommendation for dinner?)

24/4 (Sat) Day trip to Kyoto

25/4 (Sun) Day trip to Arashiyama

26/4 (Mon) Morning + Afternoon Universal Studio. Osaka Bay area worth going? Night time where to check out and have dinner?

27/4 (Tues) Morning + Early Afternoon Rinku Premium Outlet (worth going there for shopping?). Late Afternoon + Evening any recommendation?

28/4 (Wed) Morning check out hotel. Reach KIX by 9am.

With the above rough itinerary, is it worth to buy 7 day JR Pass (All Japan)? On the last day if need to reach KIX by 9am, what time need to leave hotel (Swissotel Nankai) and by which rail network?

Hope you guys can help me fine tune my itinerary. Thanks.
by philhan  

... 2010/3/3 04:21
Day trip to Nikko + Onsen (Tobu All Nikko Pass worth it?)

Where do you intend to go for an onsen experience? Note that the baths are not easily accessed on a one-day trip. The best way to enjoy them is by staying overnight at a ryokan onsen. There are some in the Okunikko region (Chuzenji and Yumoto) and nearby Kinugawa Onsen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3800.html

27/4 (Tues) Morning + Early Afternoon Rinku Premium Outlet (worth going there for shopping?)

There are lots and lots of shopping opportunities not only in the premium outlet but also the other shopping centers in that shopping town. But I guess it ultimately depends on what you are looking for.

With the above rough itinerary, is it worth to buy 7 day JR Pass (All Japan)?

No, probably not.

On the last day if need to reach KIX by 9am, what time need to leave hotel (Swissotel Nankai) and by which rail network?

Considering that you plan to visit Rinku Town the day before, I recommend to consider just staying there for the last night. It is just next to the airport.

If you prefer to stay a final day at the Swisshotel, the obvious choice for airport access is Nankai Railways:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2033.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread