Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass collection in Narita airport 2010/3/2 12:33
My flight is scheduled to land in Narita Airport at 21:30 and presuming it takes 1 hour to walk, pick up luggage, custom check, passport check. Is it possible to get a JR pass when exhanging the exchange voucher and showing Passport, at about 22:30? I havent bought the JR Pass yet but if i do, I want to use it straight away and go to Kunitachi by train or Narita express. The office in Narita airport closes at 21:45. Is there other ways of obtaining the JR Pass??
by Jackee5  

... 2010/3/3 03:48
The ticket office closes at 21:45. So, you won't be able to make it in time. You will also miss the last Narita Express of the day, so you will have to take a different train or bus. And note that it takes about 2.5 hours from the airport to Kunitachi.

So, I strongly recommend to spend your first night at a hotel near the airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Cheap hotels around Narita Airport 2010/3/3 15:13
If thats the case, how would i find whats the cheapest hotel around that area? Assuming that I cant take Narita Express around that time as I missed it. I might try and get to Kunitachi that night though and I think I would arrive at around 1ish and the place im staying is around 5 minutes away from the station.
by Jackee5 rate this post as useful

hyperdia 2010/3/3 17:15
Check your options on Hyperdia: looks mighty complicated to me, late at night after a long flight and in a new country.....I'd also advise staying at one of the nearby airport hotels...try one of the many hotel websites on this forum for your hotel options
by fmj rate this post as useful

late landing 2010/3/3 17:33
This is a late landing time and you have to expect at least 30 to 45 minutes to go through immigration, luggage pick up and custom.
That should leave just enough time to catch a last train to Tokyo; but you would probably have to forget about exchanging your Japan Railpass voucher. Japan Railway staff is very helpful in most situations but that would be stretching it to the limit.
You also have the possibility to catch a Limousine bus to Tokyo
by iwander rate this post as useful

reply to this thread