Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moonlight Nagara online tickets 2010/3/2 19:11
I will be travelling between Tokyo and Kyoto and wanted to know if I can buy tickets for the Moonlight Nagara online from outside Japan (before I arrive in Japan)as I believe the tickets sell out quite quickly.
Any other tips for travel between these two cities is appreciated. Thanks
by Kim (guest)  

No 2010/3/3 14:17
You cannot purchase tickets for the Moonlight Nagara outside of Japan.

I'm guessing you're on a small budget so you may want to consider an overnight bus for cheap travel between Tokyo and Kyoto.
by JRHorse rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/3/3 19:05
Thank you for your answer. What a pity that I cannot travel on the moonlight nagara. I heard that it is more comfortable than the bus. So might need to bite the bullet and buy a JR Pass
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Overnight Bus 2010/3/3 20:16
I've just researched an overnight bus from Tokyo to Kyoto called MK (MK302 from Kyoto to Tokyo). This is apparently the most comfortable bus and still within my budget. Would you agree that it is the most comfortable. If not, which would you say is the most comfortable? Also how long do I need to book in advance. I will be arriving in Tokyo 5 days before travelling to Kyoto is advance enough?

... 2010/3/4 02:06
The bus is much more convenient. Don't forget that the bus gets you all the way to Kyoto, while you get kicked off the Moonlight Nagara in the early morning hours three fourth along the way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks, Uji 2010/3/4 15:04
Any idea how long in advance you have to book before. Is 5 days enough?

reply to this thread