Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

To stay in Shinjuku or Shinagawa? 2010/3/3 04:30
Hi all,

I am currently considering between 2 hotels, namely Hotel Rose Garden located at Shinjuku, and Shinagawa Prince Hotel located at Shinagawa. Both hotels fall within my budget, but I am not sure which hotel is better.

Anyway, I will be in Tokyo for 1 night, and will be travelling to Takayama and Kanazawa before returning to Tokyo for another 5 nights. Hence, I am not sure whether Shinagawa Prince Hotel will be a better option since it's very near to the JR station.

Greatly appreciate if any one of you who has stayed in either of the above hotels can provide me with advise. Thanks.
by Steven (guest)  

Shinagawa 2010/3/3 12:39
In terms of transportation, Shinagawa is much more advantagous to you than Shinjuku. You can catch the Shinkansen to Kyoto at Shinagawa station.

So, if you arrive late and depart early and don't plan to get out for the night life, I recommend Shinagawa.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinjuku 2010/3/3 13:07
But for the other 5 nights it is best to stay in Shinjuku which is more central to the sights.
by kum (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinagawa 2010/3/3 14:04
As someone who has stayed at Shinagawa Prince for only three nights, I highly recommend it because of its excellent location across the street from Shinagawa Station. Any hotel that is close to the Yamanote Line is a hotel well worth considering.

As far as your itinerary goes, there are two advantages: When you return by bullet train you can exit at Shinagawa and head straight to the hotel. When your trip is done and you're ready to go back to Narita, the Narita Express will take you there... even the Airport Limousine Bus to Narita departs right from the hotel.
by JRHorse rate this post as useful

Shinagawa vs Shinjuku 2010/3/3 15:01
If you wish to get some entertainment, shopping... Shinjuku is the right place.
Shinagawa is mostly office buildings area and fairly boring at night.
The Yamanote line will get you from one place to the other in twenty minutes, then it should not matter to much
by iwander rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince Main Tower or Annex? 2010/3/3 16:41
Thanks all for the help. I read from forums and reviews that Shinagawa Prince has many extensions, and most people wouldn't recommend the north and east tower. Hence leaving the Main Tower and Annex building to be considered. Wonder if anyone of u has good experiences staying at the Annex tower? Cuz I read somewhere that the Annex tower is newer and quieter as compared to the Main Tower. HOWever there were also others which said that Annex tower are old and small. WOndered which info is more accurate? Greatly appreciate any help from you guys out there. THanks!
by Steven (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince Main 2010/3/3 17:07
Have stayed in the Main tower twice now, and loved it, and going back for a third time later this year..if you are a non-smoker ask for a NON smoking floor, and as HIGH as possible, definitely(we had to ask for a change of room last time due to odour...)
Our agent only deals in the Main Tower: its the tallest and has great views from the higher floors, especially at night
Are you after a single room? There are no single rooms in the Main Tower; Single rooms in the Main tower are Double/twin rooms, at the same price, or only 10% cheaper maybe, than the double room price.
If you want a single room then you'll be in one of the other towers, and not overly great I'm told.
The convenience of the location at Shinagawa is amazing, and will save you loads of time and effort. And nowhere is far away with access via the Yamanote, truly
Late night activities after the last Yamanote/subway will be a taxi ride: so anything after about 12.30am ish I think(?)
....but that would be the same if you were staying in Shinjuku and not socializing there.......
by fmj rate this post as useful

Shinagawa Prince Hotel 2010/3/3 17:20
I'll be travelling with my gf, so we're thinking of double room. UNderstand that only the Main Tower and Annex Tower offers double room, but it seems that twin room is bigger than double room, and cheaper too. I wonder how are the rooms at ANnex Tower. Any idea?
by Steven (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread