Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travel related questions 2010/3/4 13:12
Hi, thanks so much for reading and helping me with my confusion :o)

My first question, I'll be travelling on the Jr Beetle from Hakata to Busan. I saw that there were some kind of discounts I could get if I purchased a combination of Jr Pass and ticket to Korea..anyone know where I could acquire this?

Second question: after reading previous posts i'm still confused about this..when I arrive to Narita i have to buy this Skyliner coupon and tokyo metro pass combo? When do i reserve seats for the Skyliner then?

Third Question: If I'm not activating my Jr Pass on the day of my arrival, where can I activate it?? Lets say I'm travelling Tokyo to Kyoto on my 2nd day in Japan, do I just go to the JR station?

Can I use Jr trains instead of the subway for any travelling at all in Tokyo?
Thank you so much for your help!!
by pinkster  

... 2010/3/4 15:28
when I arrive to Narita i have to buy this Skyliner coupon and tokyo metro pass combo?

No, there is no obligation whatsoever. There are many alternative options:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html

When do i reserve seats for the Skyliner then?

Just after arrival at Narita Airport.

If I'm not activating my Jr Pass on the day of my arrival, where can I activate it??

"Activating the pass" and "exchanging the voucher into the actual pass" are not the same. I recommend to exchange the pass into the actual pass whenever it is suitable to you. It can be on the first day or it can be on the day that you start using it. At the time of the exchange you specify the starting date of your pass which can be the same day or a day in the future. It depends on your personal convenience.

Lets say I'm travelling Tokyo to Kyoto on my 2nd day in Japan, do I just go to the JR station?

The stations where the voucher can be exchanged are limited to just a few major stations. They are listed on the following page:
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en009.html

Can I use Jr trains instead of the subway for any travelling at all in Tokyo?

No. Many destinations can be reached by JR, but a few cannot.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread