Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Minshuku Uenoya, Takayama 2010/3/6 18:16
Hello,

Has anyone stayed here? I could not find many reviews, however the couple I did manage to dig up were good. What are your thoughts? I'm not worried about room size, location, etc. Cleanliness is my only concern really, I would like to avoid bed bugs.

Thank you

by Kirjava (guest)  

... 2010/3/7 12:25
I see with HP,It seems to be very good like the Minshuku from old times.

It is possible to sleep well with the futon though the Japanese-style room might be felt narrow.

9.9uroom ~3room
11.65uroom ~2room
16.5uroom ~1room
20uroom ~1room(with 2bed)

Please enjoy narrowness in the room in Japan though the room with the bed is the widest.

I think there is no bedbug at a recent Minshuku.

You are and there might be only a pension if a clean by all means point is good.
by Meifa rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/3/7 12:29
Thank you for your reply! I am looking forward to staying in a Japanese room - the last time I was in Japan I found it to be very comfortable.
by Kirjava (guest) rate this post as useful

Uenoya 2010/3/7 19:27
No need to worry about bed bugs in any of Takayama minshuku. They do seem old but it is part of their charm. Uenoya is situated in the old district. A new building would ruin the scene.
Maybe this helps:
http://hida-yado.net/yado/uenoya/english.htm

and a few additional informations on Takayama:
http://hidatakayama.blogspot.com
by barcafana2 rate this post as useful

Uenoya 2010/3/9 15:19
I actually have one more question for you, hopefully it is not inappropriate here. Since I am a girl, if I am on my 'time of the month' while in Takayama, how do I keep clean? I couldn't find anywhere that said there was a shower, just a bath. I would not go into the bath of course, but is it considered alright to stand outside the bath and wash? Would the bathing area have a lock (normally I would be OK with the idea of bathing with others, but not sure about during that time)?

Thanks again
by Kirjava (guest) rate this post as useful

A shower 2010/3/10 23:52
Yes of course. There is always a shower. Actually you are supposed to first take a shower and only then get in the bath.
There should be a lock...sorry i can't promise about that. But let's say 90% that you will be able to take a nice private shower.
And if not then you can always look for a time when there are less people taking shower :)
I doubt though there will be a rush-hour in Uenoya's bath. I think others will probably also better wait for another person to finish so he/she could also take a bath alone. haha people are like that.
Enjoy Takayama!
if you would have any problems please ask.
by barcafana2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread