Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

time to visit japan for sakura in April 2010/3/6 20:12
i am planning to visit Tohoku to see sakura within april. when should i arrive in Japan to have the best chance to see them? I've seen Sendai around 13th of april, so would the period between 10 and 23 would be ok? Can I also go to Nikko, the west coast like Niigata and japanese alps? Thank you so much for your advices
by benechan  

... 2010/3/7 08:40
Flowering timing in the Tohoku region varies strongly from south to north. The current forecast for some Tohoku locations is published here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011.html

I've seen Sendai around 13th of april, so would the period between 10 and 23 would be ok?

It is probably okay for southern Tohoku, but likely too early for northern Tohoku. But nobody can predict it accurately.

Can I also go to Nikko, the west coast like Niigata and japanese alps?

Why not? Whether you will see flowering cherry trees there is a different question. Nikko, for example, is not very famous as a cherry blossom destination, I believe.
by Uji rate this post as useful

to visit japan in april for sakura 2010/3/15 05:03
thank you Uji, I would like to visit yamagata, niigata and I guess other places in the area to see sakura between the 8th and 20thy of april. Do you have any recommendation for places to visit during this period for sakura? Thank you
by benechan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread