Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita airport to Shinagawa Station 2010/3/9 01:48
Can I check if NEX goes to Shinagawa Train Station directly? Or do I have to transfer at Tokyo Station? Thanks.
by kit (guest)  

... 2010/3/9 08:31
Yes, a lot of NEX trains (not all, though) stop at Shinagawa. No transfer is required. Below is the timetable valid from March 13:
http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation.eki-net.com/pc/english/common/tim...

by Uji rate this post as useful

Symbol on chart 2010/4/20 12:39
Hi,I have checked the website
http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation.eki-net.com/pc/english/common/tim...

What does the symbol | and || on the chart mean?
by Ger (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/20 13:05
You need to catch a N'EX Express headed for Yokohama. It stops briefly at Tokyo Station, then Shinagawa Station.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

. 2010/4/20 13:44
Not sure what the difference between the single and double bars is, but usually they mean that the train will not stop at that particular station.
by kiw (guest) rate this post as useful

NEX 8 2010/5/4 11:40
Does Narita Express 8 stop at Shinagawa? I saw two columns of the Express 8, one with (|) and the other with a timing.

... 2010/5/4 11:51
Narita Express 8 is split up into two sections at Tokyo station, and one section goes to Yokohama (thus cannot stop at station marked with double lines), and the other section goest to Ikebukuro (thus cannot stop at Shinagawa, marked with a single line). That's why there is a few minutes' difference in departure time from Tokyo.

When you buy the ticket for Narita Express at Narita airport station, if you say "To Shinagawa," they give you a ticket on the correct section of the train that goes to Shinagawa :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/5/4 21:53
Hi AK, thank you so much! That is very valuable information for a first time tourist to Japan.

SUICA & Nex 2010/5/5 17:41
Hi,

I intend to buy the NEX and SUICA package. I will use the NEX to travel from the Narita aiport to Shinagawa. The SUICA will be used to travel around Tokyo for a few days. On my last day at Shinagawa, I intend to take the NEX back to Narita airport. Can i use the SUICA? I read from the JR website that the SUICA can be use to take the limited express back to Narita airport( with the purchase of a surcharge ticket, I may have understood wrongly). Is NEX considered at limited express? Can anyone advise me if i can use the remaining balance in my SUICA card to take the NEX back to Narita Airport from Shinagawa?

... 2010/5/7 09:07
On my last day at Shinagawa, I intend to take the NEX back to Narita airport. Can i use the SUICA?

Only partially. You can use Suica for the base fare (around 1500 yen), but will have to buy the express supplement fare separately (also around 1500 yen) at the ticket counter or a vending machine that allows for making seat reservations.

Is NEX considered at limited express?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread