Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Question - Nagoya/Kyoto/Shizuoka 2010/3/9 19:20
I hv been overwhelmed by how many types of transport available in Japan, the lines, the types, the costs, etc etc.....while also realizing there's sth like a Japan Rail pass that 'cannot' be purchased inside Japan? (the JR pass can also be used on buses and other types of trains too,right?)

So before I depart, I'm wondering if my short one week trip is worthwhile:

March 31 evening - arrive nagoya
Apr 1-2 - will find Nagoya attractions
Apr 3 - head to Kyoto to meet frds and stay till Apr 4
Apr 4 nite - travel to Shizuoka
Apr 6 - travel back to Nagoya and depart early morning Apr 7

Any suggestions if a JR pass is needed? if so i got to make arrangements prior to my trip in about 3 weeks time....

thanks so much!

Carmen
by Carmen (guest)  

... 2010/3/10 08:33
the JR pass can also be used on buses and other types of trains too,right?

It is described here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

So before I depart, I'm wondering if my short one week trip is worthwhile

It depends on your interests and your aim of coming to Japan. Nagoya and Shizuoka are definitely not Japan's most excited cities. So, I assume you allocate so much time to them for some special personal reason.

Any suggestions if a JR pass is needed?

No, a Japan Rail Pass is not going to pay off, especially if you were to opt for highway bus travel. But even if you travel by shinkansen, regular tickets are going to be somewhat cheaper than the pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2010/3/10 11:44
Thanks Uji

Visiting Kyoto (as suggested by my local frds in Japan) while Shizuoka is simply their hometown

Anwyay, I thank u for ur advice, shall navigate the site further

Carmen
by cp303 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread