Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is the 5th Station above the clouds 2010/3/10 08:50
Is the 5th station at Mt Fuji above the clouds ?

We go end of May, and we want to go to the 5th station if its above the clouds. We're gonna be staying around Fuji Q Highlands, so we'll go up to the 5th station if we can

Thanks for your help, I did use the search but couldnt find anything

Thank you X
by robblps  

... 2010/3/10 09:35
I am not sure whether you are serious or not. Or did you see that artistic photo of cloud surrounded Mount Fuji from the airplane the other day in the world press and thought that this is the usual situation?

I am afraid it is just one of many different cloud situations around Mount Fuji. The situation is changing from hour to hour and from day to day. There are days when there are no clouds around the mountain, whatsoever, as witnessed by the following photo, other days when the entire mountain in covered in clouds from top to bottom and other days when clouds build just around the top of the mountain.

And sometimes the top is looking out of the clouds, while the base is inside the clouds. When that it happens, the altitude of the cloud cover will differ. Sometimes, it might be above the 5th Station and sometimes below.
by Uji rate this post as useful

clouds... 2010/3/10 10:22
Uji is correct. Clouds do not form at the same level every day anywhere. Some days at some times the base of the clouds may be as low as 1,000 metres, other days at 3,000 metres, on other days the clouds may be higher than the mountain. At the 5th station you may or may not be above the clouds, depending on the weather that day. There may be no clouds at all, or you may be in the clouds at the 5th station and not able to see anything- I would say that is a fairly common situation in the day time in summer. You won't know until you get there, basically, as clouds gather and clear very quickly on mountains.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread