Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time to complete Himeji Castle 2010/3/10 12:42
Hi im thinking to visit Himeji Castle in the early Apr. What is the average time, one takes to complete the whole castle? The opening hours and will be crowded?
by Questions (guest)  

... 2010/3/10 15:54
im thinking to visit Himeji Castle in the early Apr.

Note that the interior of the castle will close from April 12 due to renovation works.

What is the average time, one takes to complete the whole castle?

It varies widely from person to person. One of my friend looked at every single plate and exhibit along the way, and we must have spent about three hours at the castle. Another friend of mine just walk through everything and we were out in an hour.

Also, there is a risk of line ups and waiting times due to the cherry blossoms and the upcoming closure, especially on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/10 15:57
The opening hours

The opening hours are mentioned on the Himeji Castle page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3501.html

Lugguage storage in himeji 2010/3/10 20:02
Thanks uji for your vauable feedback. I be going before 12 on a weekday so I hope it's not that crowded.

but is it a very huge area to walk within the castle?

Also is there like any baggage store area or shop near the JR station? I remember seeing some lockers in the station while reading some thread?
by Questions (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/11 07:34
but is it a very huge area to walk within the castle?

It is spacious but I would not call it huge.

Also is there like any baggage store area or shop near the JR station?

There are lockers of all sizes at Himeji Station.

reply to this thread