Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miho museum and Shigaraki Ceramics Park 2010/3/11 02:21
Is it possible to visit both of these in one day trip from Kyoto? Ifm guessing probably not, after studying the trains and bus timetables to get to the Miho museum, but I thought it might be worth a try.

I have checked the Ceramics Park website maps, but I cannot figure out how to get there from Shigaraki station. Anyone have any idea? If not, Ifll email them, or ask when Ifm in Kyoto.

Thank you.
by JennyPottery  

... 2010/3/12 10:46
If you were to rent a car, it would be easily possible:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html

By public transportation it looks more difficult, because there are no direct buses between the two sights (depite them being less than 10 kilometers from each other). So, one possibility could be to take a taxi between the Miho Museum and Shigaraki Ceramics Park. I estimate the ride to cost around 2000-2500 yen.

As for transportation between Shigaraki Ceramics Park and Shigaraki Station, it is about a 20 minute walk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/3/12 23:09
I think I will give up on the idea of combining them into one day. As I don't drive need to rely on public transport.

Thank you for all your help!
by JennyPottery rate this post as useful

reply to this thread