Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel during Golden Week 2010/3/11 15:17
Hi Guys , few questions regarding travel around Golden week. Many thanks in advance for your tips .

--How is Road traffic around Shikoku,Osaka,Wakayama,Ise-Shima during Golden week . I intend to drive from Tokyo to Shikoku on 29th April early morning. Spend 2/3 days in Shikoku then 2/3 days in Wakayama/Ise Shima and back to Tokyo around 4 May.

--Also interested to go Hamamatsu Kite festival in Shizuoka but dates are 3,4,5 may . Is any date special or we should be able to see Kite fight on all 3 days.

Regards
V
by v (guest)  

... 2010/3/12 11:37
I am not sure whether you realize how large the distances are that you intend to cover. That will be some very long journeys. Tokyo-Shikoku, for example, will take an entire day. And the fact that it is Golden Week will not contribute to smooth driving. Expect delays out of major cities (especially Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya) especially on May 1 and back into major cities especially on May 4 and 5. But also on other days especially between May 1 and 5.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/3/12 12:49
Thanks Uji san for your reply.

I understand its long distance so first day intention is only to reach Shikoku , also there are 2 drivers who will drive alternate few hours.

Any idea about Hamamatsu Kite Festival , Is any one specific day special out of 3/4/5 may to see Kite fight.

by V (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread