Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confused: Nagoya to Central Airport 2010/3/13 16:06
I will be travelling from Takayama either on JR train or Meitetsu Bus to Nagoya, stay one nite before leaving for home from Central Airport.

i'm confused when I try to find ways to get to the airport.

Appreciate any advise on:

1) Does Meitetsu Nagoya Station means Nagoya Station?

2) it seems Meitetsu Nagoya station I can only buy this company's tickets? Where do I go to buy JR Tokaido or JR Line, Kintetsu tickets to Central Airport?

3) Is JR Tokaido and JR Line different?

Many thanks!
by JAWKC  

info 2010/3/13 18:43
1) JR, Meitetsu and Kintetsu own their Nagoya Station at the same area.

2) You can buy JR ticket at JR vending machine and Kintetsu Ticket at Kintetsu vending machine. The Centrair Airport is served by Meitetsu Railway.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2431.html

3) 4 JR lineS meet at JR Nagoya station. Tokaido Shinkansen Line, Tokaido Line, Chuo Main Line and Kansai Main Line. They are operated by JR.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/14 02:08
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

COnfused: Nagoya to Central Airport 2010/3/14 02:13
Thank you all for your advice.

Just to clarify, can I get the Meitetsu Railway ticket at Nagoya Station?

Big thanks again!
by JAWKC rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/14 07:20
Just to clarify, can I get the Meitetsu Railway ticket at Nagoya Station?

Of course! Nagoya Station is Meitetsu's most important station. They surely sell tickets there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Trivia=The world largest Nagoya station 2010/3/14 08:19
It is the largest train station in the world. But the most square footage is occupied by Matsuzakaya department store but is slated to close this summer???
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread