Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Hotel 2010/3/14 08:36
I am looking for a conveinent midrange place to sleep in Hakone for the night. My budgt is about 150 USD for 2 per people (total).

Can anyone recomend somewhere to stay?
by dan (guest)  

Hakone Lake Hotel 2010/3/14 14:07
As long as bathing together is not important, try Hakone Lake Hotel.
View of Lake Ashi from the room (mine was Japanese tatami room w/toilet. Also offer western bed rooms w/full bath), large nature surrounding, evening/morning quiet stroll & bird watching, great Kaiseki dinner and buffet bf(much better than high end Tokyo hotels). Even though it is the farthest hotel from Yumoto, frequent direct bus (~every 20min.)takes only ~45min., if you are in a hurry. The Togendai rope way station & lake cruise ship port is just a few min. walk and you can ride as often as you like if you had the Hakone Free Pass.
http://www.hakone-lakehotel.com/english/englishindex.htm
I consider it to be a hidden gem(not listed on a normal hotel reservation sites) after staying at various places & onsens all over in Japan. But you may have a different priorities.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread