Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo to Tokyo, Golden Week 2010/4/23 01:46
Hello~

I know this is super last minute and probably completely impossible, but... I've been tossing around an idea of going from Sapporo to Tokyo for Golden Week, to visit some friends. (I'm banking on it being more likely that people will be leaving Tokyo to visit Hokkaidou, not the other way around...lol).

I've done some research and know my choices - day train, overnight train, airplane, ferry? - but I don't know what's cheapest (cheap college student here!) or what is possible last minute. I know cheap and last minute usually don't coincide but I'm hopeful anyway.

Any help or suggestions? I can leave the night of Wednesday April 28 at the earliest.
by bellberry  

... 2010/4/23 07:05
Indeed, Sapporo-Tokyo is much less busy than the other way around. One way fares by Skymark are 9800 yen for April 28 in the morning and early afternoon. The available fare increases to 15,000 yen in the late afternoon and evening. It is around 13,000 to 14,000 yen the following few days. I doubt that there is anything more cost efficient.

The journey back is a different story and depends on the date, but Skymark is again likely to be most cost-efficient.

Skymark:
http://www.skymark.co.jp/en/
by Uji rate this post as useful

aaaah!!! 2010/4/25 17:36
Oh holy moly! Thank you, you're a savior... I had no idea it would be so cheap.

Now, okay... I have a friend who's in Nagoya right now that I'd like to convince to come with me, what would her best option be?
by bellberry rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/26 08:05
Skymark does not fly out of Nagoya, so, the airfares would be much higher. One of the most inexpensive options would be taking an overnight (or daytime) highway bus from Nagoya to Tokyo and join you from there. I think fares can be as low as around 3000 yen:
http://willerexpress.com/en/?aid=184

Have you tried JAL? 2010/4/28 12:54
Check out the JAL website.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/waribiki/sakitoku.html

They have "sakitoku" fares starting from 12,000yen (single). I did a quick quote and found an available flight from Chitose to Haneda at 7:40 am for 12,400yen. But you need to check the details of this type of fare. The normal price is around 34,000yen for that day.

You might also get a free McDonalds out of them too. (Another campaign for all their flyers at the moment.)

You're pretty lucky that you live near a major airport. Sendai has little hope for these kinds of cheap deals. :(

If JAL fails, try ANA.
by Adam (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/28 13:38
Sakitoku fares have to be booked at least 28 days in advance! Completely out of question for bellberry, who was planning to fly today.

my bad 2010/4/28 14:15
Sorry about that.

I put May in for the quote instead of April. Still, it's a good fare to look for next time. Best of luck to him.

.. 2010/4/28 14:17
I'm a lady! haha. But thank you anyway! Seems like my friends couldn't get together so I won't be going anywhere, but there are plenty of things to do in Hokkaidou so I'll have my fill of fun. I'll always come here if I have more questions though!

haha sorry about that 2010/4/28 15:00
Sorry for the mistake. :)

I'm heading up to Hokkaido next week, so trying to plan what to do. Any local suggestions for a three-day trip?

Already got Asahiyama Zoo, Otaru Glass Studio, Ainu Museum and maybe the flower parks around Abashiri if they bloom in time.

Hope you have a great golden week!

.. 2010/4/28 16:36
Hm hm hm! Well, I'm still pretty new here myself (little over a month), but there's the Shiroi Koibito chocolate factory (kinda near Otaru) that looks really cute. And of course in Sapporo there are things downtown like the Clock Tower or the TV Tower. The park area in front of the TV Tower (aka Odori) is actually kinda pretty looking right now, the grass is green and they've planted lots of tiny flowers around. Hakodate is supposed to be cool, too.

If you do go to Sapporo, there's a big Visitor Information Center at Sapporo-Eki-Mae that has lots of pamphlets in English about all sorts of things!

reply to this thread