Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan in August 2010/4/27 07:11

I have a holiday from 8/aug to 15/sep and i am planing to visit japan for 3 weeks during this period

but I found that this time of the year is usually hot ,humid ,crowded and there are typhoons !

How crowded can it get ? do i have to stand in lines to get in major attractions (Tokyo tower)

I Just visited Japan during 8-17 April there was no crowds

is it highly probable that i will encounter a typhoon ? How bad can it get ?

Any info is welcomed i am very hesitant whether to start booking or not .
by Zean  

... 2010/4/28 10:16
How crowded can it get ?

Mid August is most crowded. But after August 20 or so, it gradually gets less crowded as people return to work and towards the end of August to school. From September it will not be crowded except maybe on the weekends.

do i have to stand in lines to get in major attractions (Tokyo tower)

Yes, for popular family destinations such as Tokyo Tower and Disneyland, there are likely to be waiting times.

is it highly probable that i will encounter a typhoon?

In Okinawa, Kyushu and Shikoku, your chances of encountering a typhoon during a three week stay are considerable. Further east and north, the probability is lower, but still not that low.

How bad can it get ?

For a 24 hour period or so, you won't be able to do much sightseeing. Furthermore, transportation might get affected, e.g. canceled flights or trains.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/4/29 12:56
Yeah, it's a good idea to make sure you are aware of museums and other nice indoor attractions, so that if the weather gets bad, you can at least see/do something.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread