Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best things to do in nara 2010/4/27 22:21
hey guys, i've been to japan 2 times before and never been to nara, so on my third trip next week i think i'll go there. what are the best things to do there and your favourite places to visit? i've heard about the deers, i'd love to see them. do they only come out during certain times of the year? and how do i get to nara from JR kyoto station? cheers.
by chods17 (guest)  

... 2010/4/28 11:07
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/4/28 15:29
The deer live there, so they are always there and if you're in the park, you really can't miss them! You can buy senbei to feed them, if you want.

In Nara, you'll obviously want to visit Todaiji Temple. I also think Kasuga Shrine is well worth it. Kofukuji Temple has nice artifacts (you can see Kofukuji for free, but to see the treasures it costs some money). I liked Gangoji Temple, as well. Horyuji, a bit further south of Nara is one of Japan's most famous sites, because it is the world's oldest wooden structure.

You can see a lot of Nara's sites in a day.

The National Museum is excellent however, it takes a while to go through the museum, so if you only have one day, you probably won't get to see very many of the cultural sites if you visit the museum.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread