Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you please help me naming a baby? 2010/4/30 19:13
hi . . i need a help can you please suggest a name for a baby . . in two months i will have a baby boy . .can you please give a suggestion (name and its meaning or defenition) thx. .
by unoh ha kun  

my nephew's name 2010/4/30 22:55
Well, my husband's sister just had a baby boy and has called him Toranosuke- the "tora" means tiger, and is fairly common in boy's names this year because it's the year of the tiger. The other half of the name is just a common ending for boy's names. My friend called her baby boy Kotaro- the ko is an alternative reading for tora, so basically the same idea!

I don't really suggest Toranosuke for a boy who will live outside Japan though- I think English speakers in particular will have trouble pronouncing that one.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/1 10:48
thx for the suggestion . i`m only haly japa/amercn. and i have a baby here at japan and live here i have a wife . a japanese wife . .thx . . please help me icant decide beacuse i`m only stay here at japan for 2 yrs . . thanks !!!! regards to all
by unoh ha kun rate this post as useful

More information needed 2010/5/1 12:15
Nobody can really help you decide since it's such a personal decision. Also you don't give people anything to go on- do you want a name that works well in both countries, or a very Japanese sounding name? Have you come across any names at all that you are considering?

There are plenty of sites with lists of Japanese names, why not check them out and then post a few of them here to see what people think?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/1 13:10
What does your wife say?
by Ikuyo Kuruyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread