Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Thru Pass - best option? 2010/5/2 20:48
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has ideas on which train pass / tickets would be best for us.

We arrive at KIX and are staying at the Namba end of the city (Cross Hotel). We have 2 nights in Osaka then a temple stay in Koyasan.

Should we:
a) Buy Nankai Airport Express ticket to get to Namba Osaka, then Koyasan World Heritage Ticket to go to Koyasan and back, or
b) Kansai Thru Pass (3 day) - does this cover all the way to Koyasan (I believe it covers the trip from KIX to Namba)

Of less importance, but, does any one know if the discount entry tickets are the same on the Koyasan WH ticket and the Thru Pass?

On our return from Koyasan we will activate our JR pass to go to Hiroshima, can we activate this at Namba or so we wait till we get to Shinosaka?

Thanks
SS
by essess100  

. 2010/5/3 02:51
Option A would cost you 4170 Yen, option B would cost you 5500 Yen. The Nankai Airport Rapit is not fully covered by the Kansai Thru Pass and you will need to pay the 500 Yen reservation fee. So option A would be the best deal.

It is unlikely the discount vouchers would be the same on the Koyasan WH ticket and the Thru Pass as they cover mostly different areas.

Vouchers for JR Rail Passes can only be exchanged and JR Osaka, Shin-Osaka or Kansai Airport stations, not at JR Namba,

http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en009.html
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2010/5/3 09:42
Exchange your voucher for the JR Rail Pass at Kansai Airport when you land and ask them to start the pass on ...the day when you plan to go to Hiroshima.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/5/4 20:53
Thanks, I assume the Thru Pass would be a better option if we also go to Nara on our 2nd day in Osaka.
by essess100 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread