Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Obon in Takayama and Niko/Hakuna 2010/5/3 05:07
Hi
During Obon (13-15 in Aug) I will be in Takayama and Hakuna or Takayama and Niko. Are those places nice to expirience the holiday?
thanks
by Irit (guest)  

yes, but 2010/5/3 09:49
Yes. Takayama, Hakuba and Nikko are all nice places, Especially in summer, those towns in mountainous areas are much cooler and more comfortable than Tokyo.
But During Obon days, those towns are very crowded and hotel charges are higher than other season. Trains and Highways are also crowded.
I recommend you to stay in Tokyo (or other big city) during Obon and visit those tourist destinations after Aug16, if you can.
by Japanboy (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks but.. 2010/5/3 12:10
thanks for the information. Actualy I didnt think on the fact that those places get crouded. Where in genera do I see Obon celebrations? If I'm in Tokyo, or in thoose places? From Niko or Hakuna which will be more interesting in regards to the celebrations?
by irit (guest) rate this post as useful

anyone-? 2010/5/7 05:43
Hi
Where do you see the celebrations of Obon. Specifically- Niko, Takayama and Tokyo.
thanks
by irit (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread