Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Just returned, thanks Uji, Nikko Q 2010/5/5 19:21
I returned from Japan after 22 days on MOnday - my summary is quite simple - those were very nice days, weLve seen plenty of almost unbelievable things & places. Japanese are kind, polite people ... (even though it is not easy to live with noises not typical in Europe sometimes & the english knowledge is not always great too :-)) )

in the end - wonderful experience & I want to thank you, Uji for your help previously.

Top of the greats were: Fuji (both from Kawaguchiko & Hakone we were able to see it/her completely - excellent!); Miyajima; Toshogu & Kegon in Nikko (though see below the final Q ... :-)); Matsumoto, okayama, and many many more things like nigiri sushi, kokeshi etc.

In the end, I have 1 final (definitely!) & concrete Q regarding Toshogu temple & Futurasan Jinja in Nikko centre - Uji, is it so, that when I went through the stoned torii (from Rinno-ji) I came in the Futarasan and I left it for Toshogu temple just after another stoned torii just under the stairs leading to toshogu (???) gate?? I was somehow lost inside the area of so many many wonderful buildings.

Arigato gozaimasu, Uji (& others who helped) for your answers during last 1/2 year as well as for answer to above stated Q in advance.
Regards, Jetelinho
by JETELINHO  

... 2010/5/7 11:04
I am very glad that you had a nice trip, but I am sorry, I don't understand your question very well. The basic location of the two shrines and the temple is (from east to west): Rinnoji, Toshogu, Futarasan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

MY MISTAKE 2010/5/7 14:46
Sorry Uji - was my mistake and wrong understanding to the situation of buildings ... the all I was writing bout above belong to Toshogu shrine, now I understand

nevertheless - thanks again, I will be here too to respond & help to others
by JETELINHO rate this post as useful

reply to this thread