Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 Days Tokyo,Kyoto,Osaka,Nikko and Nara. 2010/5/6 03:25
Dear Sir,
Will be travelling around July with JR Pass.
Pls advise the best route to the above following will proceed to Hakodate via the Cassiopeia.
From Tokyo which should be the ideal base to tour around Kyoto and then to Hakodate.

Thank You.
by leongleong  

... 2010/5/7 11:21
I assume you have six days for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nikko and Nara and then additional time for Hokkaido. But in order to give you the best suggested route, I also need to know your entry and exit point to/from Japan. In Hokkaido, are you only going to visit Hakodate?

Note also that the Cassiopeia arrives in Hakodate at 5 o'clock in the morning. Are you sure you want to get off the train that early?
by Uji rate this post as useful

6 Days Tokyo,Kyoto,Osaka,Nikko and Nara 2010/5/9 08:36
Dear Uji San,
Agreed hve 6/7 days in Tokyo,kyoto,Osaka,Nikko and Nara.Starting from Tokyo which cities should be ideal to travel around as a base without having to change hotels frequently
Finally from which city would be good to fly to Sopporo which I intend to spend 1 week.Appreciate if U could suggest places to visit from Sopporo and then fly back to Tokyo.Thank You and Appreciated.
by leongleong (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/9 08:42
I recommend to have a base in Tokyo (for seeing Tokyo and Nikko, unless you wish to spend more than one day in Nikko) and in Kyoto or in Osaka (for seeing Kyoto, Osaka and Nara; I recommend to select Kyoto or Osaka based on personal preference).

Finally from which city would be good to fly to Sopporo which I intend to spend 1 week.

Osaka. But how about Hakodate? Did you drop it from your list of destinations?

So, assuming you dropped Hakodate, the following would be a very efficient way of travel:

Tokyo - (train or bus) - Osaka - (air) - Sapporo - (air) - Tokyo

It can be very cost efficient if you use an air pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html

If you have any additional questions, please post them to this thread rather than creating a new thread.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread