Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yet Another Casseopeia Question 2010/5/6 08:11
I have read some of these threads and it seems that the famous overnight train can be tough to book without checking with a travel agency that does packages. But that is for the overnight sleeper. The train also leaves Hakodate at 5:07 and would provide a good morning connection on to Mashuko. Hyperdia shows only reserved seats for this leg. Do you think it is not such a touch ticket to book seats on the non-sleeper wagons out of Hakodate a few days in advance with a JR Railpass?

Tom in Chicago
by Thomas (guest)  

Cassiopeia 2010/5/6 13:53
Thomas,

I think you may be confused. The 05:07 departure from Hakodate is the Cassiopeia sleeper train. There are no non-sleeper cars on this train, and all berths must be reserved in advance. As this train is difficult to book due to its popularity and limited number of berths, I suggest you replan your itinerary.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Early Train Connection in Hakodate 2010/5/6 23:30
Thanks for your help. What confused me is my reading of Hyperdia. if you type in Ueno-Sapporo the drop-down menu shows only sleepers. If you type in Hakodate instead of Ueno you get options for reserved seat. I believe that the Akebono overnight express adds chair cars in Akita so I wondered does the Casseopeia do the same in Hakodate?
by Chicagobest99 (guest) rate this post as useful

Cassiopeia 2010/5/7 00:10
Tom,

I don't know exactly what you are looking at on Hyperdia, but are you sure it is not the "Super Hokuto" limited express, which is a regular day-time seating train, departing Hakodate at 07:04?

The "Cassiopeia" train is sleeping cars only, and you cannot use regular tickets, unlike the special arrangement available on the "Akebono" train.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Mystery?? 2010/5/7 09:02
I checked again and it does not even show a seat reservation fee, only the regular fee shown for other limited expresses on this run.

Tpm in Chicago

Route Fare Seat Fee Commuting ticket UsefulLink
1Month 3Month 6Month
05:07
begin HAKODATE
Station timetable | Add to favorite

* Map
* Hotel

* Rent-a-car

[265 Min]
through

* LTD.EXP CASSIOPEIA