Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Do I need a JR Pass 2010/5/7 00:43
I m visiting Nagoya in end May for 6 days.
My itinerary :

Day 1 - Nagoya
Day 2 - Nagoya to Takayama to Shirakawago
Day 3 - Shirakawago to Kanazawa to Toyama
Day 4 - Toyama to Tateyama Alphine Road endg at Omachi Onsen
Day 5 - Omachi Onsen to Nagoya
Day 6 - Nagoya to home

Is this schedule too tight. Do I need to buy JR pass ?
by jap fun  

Yes you should 2010/5/8 00:52
I would go for a JR Pass to have it more simple. And probably less costy but you can make a simulation if you want using http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
Be carefull these lines are not so big ones so you'll enjoy local lines. It is very nice but can take time if you miss a transfer or did not plan it. Better to have a detailed timeschedule in mind to do it.

If you have time to visit Kanazawa it is much more interesting than Toyama.
by smackkiss rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/8 08:32
Yes, the schedule is very tight. I recommend a minimum of 24 hour each for cities like Takayama and Kanazawa. But if you are one of those travelers who do not mind quickly seeing just one main attraction of a city and then move on to the next, it is a doable itinerary.

Do I need to buy JR pass ?

No! If you make the simulation suggested by smackkiss, you will find out that regular tickets will come considerably cheaper (around 13,000 yen) than a 7-day rail pass (28,300 yen)!

Also, by the way, you should consider changing your handle name, as "Jap" is considered an offensive term by a considerable number of people.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Do I need a JR Pass 2010/5/10 01:26
Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. This is helpful.

Thanks Uji for your reminder, and I apologise to all for my ignorance. Didn't know it was an offensive word, so sorry. I will change that right away.
by jap fun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread