Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Carry cash in Japan 2010/5/9 08:39
I got a question about carrying money in cash.

How much cash should I carry?

Where can I exchange money on the way traveling?

Thanks.
by JBlue123  

... 2010/5/9 08:53
How much cash should I carry?

It is a purely individual decision. Some people prefer to carry as little as possible, i.e. less than 10,000 yen, others prefer to carry more than 100,000 yen just in case.

Where can I exchange money on the way traveling?

At international airports, banks and major hotels. US dollars and Euro are relatively widely available, but other currencies might be difficult to change in the countryside.
by Uji rate this post as useful

safe 2010/5/9 09:27
Taking sensible precautions, as you would anywhere at home or travelling, (ie not leaving wallets/bags unattended etc) you will find Japan is a very safe country in which to carry cash.
Rather than pay large bank fees on card transactions through ATM's we choose to carry cash, and use ATM's as an emergency only.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/5/9 14:39
It's more convenient if you just carry as much cash as you think you will need and as the above user said, just use ATMs/banks if you find yourself needing more money.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread