Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

metro passes only 2010/5/11 17:20
Hi, My wife & I have 7 days in Shinjuku (23-29 May). I intend to buy 2 2-day Metro passes for each of us for 4 days of travel within Tokyo as I intend to visit Hakone and DisneySea on the other 2 days, and possibly Mt Fuji on the last day.
Also, we would like to visit these places based on this itinerary:
23rd: Shinjuku & Harajuku
24th: Hakone (buy Hakone Freepass from Shinjuku Station)
25th: Imperial Palace district & Ginza
26th: Tsukiji Fish Market & Odaiba
27th: DisneySea
28th: Ueno & Asakusa/Ryogoku area (sumo wrestling)
29th: any suggestions? thought of going to Mt Fuji 5th Station.

Would like to ask:
1. Wonder if you know whether the airport will sell two passes to each passenger?
2. Can we walk from Shinjuku to/fro Harajuku? (We are used to walking for our overseas travels.) As this is the only Sunday (our flight arrives 8a.m.) and we are staying in Shinjuku, everyone says we must visit nearby Harajuku.
3. Are all the above places within walking distances of Metro stations? Read that Ryogoku and Tsukiji are nearer to Toei Line stations. But thought of walking from Asakusa to Ryogoku in the morning and also from Tsukiji Station to the fish market.
4. Think the rest can be reached by Metro lines, right?
Thanks!
by jt (guest)  

... 2010/5/11 19:28
I recommend to use a Suica prepaid card instead of the day passes. Not only are the day passes barely going to pay off, the prepaid card will also give you more flexibility because you can select between subway and JR, the latter of which can often be more convenient than the subway.

Wonder if you know whether the airport will sell two passes to each passenger?

Yes, I don't think there is a limit.

Can we walk from Shinjuku to/fro Harajuku?

Yes, in about 30 minutes.

Are all the above places within walking distances of Metro stations?

No. Odaiba and Disneysea and Ryogoku are not connected to the Tokyo Metro network.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread