Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ueno Natsu Matsuri - in 2010? 2010/5/17 00:09
Hey all,

I was checking the Tokyo Tourism info on the official website, and it mentioned a summer festival held in Ueno park and surroundings in July 2009. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea if it's being held again this year?

According to the event calender, there won't be any other festivals during our stay in Tokyo, and Ueno is so close to our hotel it would be perfect if it was!

Thanks,

Freya
by Freya (guest)  

Yes! 2010/5/17 11:02
It's being held this year too!

Schedule:
Date: Jul. 17- Aug.8
No stage performances on Jul. 20, Jul. 24, Jul. 26, and Aug. 2
Starting Time: 4:00 P.M.
(They said Summer was hot that they would start 4:00 P.M.)

by snow (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2010/6/3 04:38
Thanks for letting me know! That's great to hear, the pictures from last year looked great, so I'll be looking forward to it!

by Freya (guest) rate this post as useful

Ueno Summer Festival 2010/7/13 22:11
You may be interested in Toro Nagashi(Float Lanterns) from 7pm on 17th, Noryo Yukata Satsueikai (Refreshing Summer Kimono Photo Session) from 2:30pm on 18th, Ice Sculpture from 2:30pm on 7/20(Tue.). There are much more events according to the flyer. If you want to have an English brief flyer, I can send you one.
Enjoy the festival.
by Honwka2010 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread