Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow in Minakami / Takaragawa onsen? 2010/6/8 00:09
I'm planning to visit the onsens of Minakami, especially two nights at Takaragawa in early January (around the 3rd and 4th of January 2011).

I've always dreamed of soaking in a warm outdoor onsen with snow capped rocks and trees around me. Will that be a reality in early January? Or will there only be pathetic, small patches of snow then? I know snow in Tokyo is unlikely in early January, but I'm hoping for heaps of snow then in Minakami. If there won't be snow-capped rocks and trees in early January in Minakami, is there anywhere near Tokyo that is bound to have this, with some gorgeous outdoor onsen too? Please recommend and help! Thank you.
by DL (guest)  

Takaragawa Onsenkaku 2010/6/8 21:10
Hi DL,

I visited Takaragawa Onsenkaku in middle of December 2007, and could I have been lucky? It was snowing morning and night.
If you are visiting in January, I think you will have better chance of enjoying snow fall as well as the Rotenburo.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Minakami / Takaragawa onsen? 2012/6/28 15:20
I believe january is the month you will exeperince heaps of snow in Minakami since it's abit further up form the central of Japan and located in mountainous areas.

I am planning to visit Takaragawa onsen this x'mas too, so hope to the snow falling while soaking and zipping sake together. Cheers!
by Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread