Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lodging during Gujo Odori 2010/6/8 09:51
The Gujo Odori dance festival in Gujo Hachiman in starts July 10, and that is the only night we will be able to make it. We'd love to find a way to do it. Since we don't speak Japanese (my son speaks a little, but maybe not enough to reserve a room, even if one was available), I don't know how to do this. I checked http://www.gujohachiman.com/kanko/index_e.htm, but most of the places they list either don't have web sites, or they are Japanese only. I did figure out a few of them (either in English or with Google translator), and they have no rooms available. I sent e-mail to two places that had e-mail listed, but did not get a reply. From the schedules I've seen (Hyperdia and the bus companies that Uji told me), there are no trains or buses out of the town late at night, so I don't think we could stay in another town. Any ideas how to make this happen? Would e-mail in Japanese work better (still, only a few had e-mail). Would a taxi be available to a nearby town late at night, and if so, where would that be with a place to stay? Or is it just too late now to find any place to stay. I really want to see the dances. Thanks.
by rootles  

try emailing tourist office 2010/6/8 11:36
they do speak English there - maybe they could help you. I went there off season - in April - and had trouble getting a reservation as well - finally I had a friend in Japan call one of the inns I was emailing....It is a really nice town - I hope you work it out...
by Maranyc (guest) rate this post as useful

Good idea! 2010/6/8 12:58
I will try that. I also got my teenage son, who learned some Japanese at school, to write a very basic e-mail for me. Where did you stay?
by rootles rate this post as useful

we did it 2010/6/16 04:23
I contacted the tourist agency, and they offered to help me if I called. But meanwhile, my son did help me write a very simple e-mail, and with the help of Google translator, too (for the reply we got; mu son didn't know it all) we managed to reserve a place! I'm looking forward to the fun!
by rootles rate this post as useful

gujo hachiman accommodation 2010/6/16 11:37
Sorry, I didn't see your post of last week - I'm glad you found a place to stay. I stayed at the Manshuya Inn.
The Gujo Hachiman website has a great walking tour in English with maps and photos - it is easy to follow if you have the time....I was there for two nights.
Enjoy!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread