Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling in Osaka 2010/6/11 20:18
Hi,

I'm gonna be staying in the Yodogawa ward in Osaka, and am trying to find out what my local train station is and what line I need to take to reach areas like Kita and Minami, but am having difficulties. I have a subway map and if I'm reading it right then Shin-Osaka is the nearest station, but if someone can clarify which station and line I need it would be really helpful.

I'm also looking to travel mainly on the subways and was wondering which ticket out of the One Day Pass and Osaka Unlimited Pass, is worth getting.

Thanks.
by Azwald  

... 2010/6/12 07:57
Of course, it depends on where in Yodogawa City Ward you are staying. Yodogawa City ward is large and contains multiple train stations. Among them, Shin-Osaka (JR and Osaka subway) and Juzo (Hankyu) are the largest.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/12 07:59
If you stay near Shin-Osaka Station, the Midosuji Subway Line will provide you with a direct connection to both Kita (Umeda Station) and Minami (Namba Station).

You can look up schedules and fares on the following website:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/6/12 08:30
Based on where i'm staying in the Yogodawa ward, it seems that Shin-Osaka is the nearest station.

Thanks for confirming that, and I've got the subway map so getting around shouldn't be a problem now.
by Azwald rate this post as useful

reply to this thread