Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Public Holiday in Matsumoto & Nagoya 2010/6/14 16:28
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the 2 holidays in Sept i.e 20th (Respect for Aged) & 23 (Autumn Equinox) usually results in many street shops closing in Matsumoto & Nagoya?

We were planning to visit these two places during that week but are concerned that most of those shops that we like to browse and see along the little streets will be closed. Also will many take annual leave so they can have longer breaks during this week? Want to avoid the crowded trains but not sure if these 2 holidays will result in the crowds.

Thanks.
by Lee (guest)  

Have a nice trip! 2010/6/15 00:07
If you want to visit sightseeing spots, many shop are open.
But it is very likely that a regular holiday closes the shop of Sunday. There is not the congestion as you worry.
Matsumoto castle is so cool! I am recommended.
by hiconyan rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/15 08:22
To the opposite, virtually all shops are open on weekends and holidays in Japan! Shops in Japan usually close on a day during the week and will certainly be open during the busiest days of the week, i.e. weekends and public holidays, especially in tourist areas.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/6/15 16:58
Appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread