Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itinerary for hokkaido for mid-July 2010/6/16 12:24
hi,

i am travelling with 2 other person to hokkaido between 8july to 15july and my plan is as follow :

8-tokyo to sapporo
9-sapporo & otaru
10-noboribetsu (overnight in an onsen)
11-furano (explore furano)
12-biei & asahikawa (thru biei & overnight in Asahikawa)
13-daizetsuzan (thru NP) & obihiro (overnight)
14-kushiro (NP & see tancho crane)
15-kushiro to tokyo

my initial plan is to start in sapporo and sidetrip to otaru on 1st 2 days. then rent a car from 10 onwards to explore the rest. Is my plan too rush? and pls do suggest places that is interesting along my trip. Pls advise and many thanks in advance.

by cph  

... 2010/6/16 14:37
Unless you arrive in Sapporo very late on the 8th, I recommend to go directly from the airport first to Noboribetsu and then to Sapporo on the next day. Some ryokan in Noboribetsu offer complimentary transportation between the airport and Noboribetsu and Sapporo and Noboribetsu to staying guests.

Is my plan too rush?

No, I don't think so. Fast but not rushed.

Places to see along the way:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/16 17:39
uji, thanks.

I was thinking too, if noboribetsu is just a onsen town, should i skip it altogether and head straight to asahikawa. with the extra 1 nite, i could add kushiro to 2 nites and use it as a base to explore AKAN NP & kushiro shitsugen NP.would it be too much time to spend in kushiro?

and also will the road from sapporo to furano passes thru any interesting sites that requires to spent some time to explore, if not will it be better if i travel to furano on train/bus and pick up the car there.

thks.
by cph rate this post as useful

some thoughts 2010/6/16 22:43
It is a good idea to skip Noboribetsu to save time travelling to and from Sapporo.

Based on the places you want to visit, consider using the expressway to go to Asahikawa from Sapporo first. Then work yourself down to Biei, Furano and Minami Furano. Kanayama-ko in Minami Furano has the only lavender fields with a lake as a backdrop and it is beautiful. From Kanayama-ko continue to Obihiro and then Kushiro. From Kushiro drive up to Akan-ko with an en-route stop in the Japanese Crane Reserve. From Akan-ko visit nearby Kussharo-ko and Mashu-ko before coming back down to Kushiro on the eastern side of the Kushiro Wetland National Park and hopefully still have time to stop by the wetland/marshland on the way.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread