Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chuo Bus / Twinkle Bus 2010/6/18 12:52
Hi,

Where to purchase the Chuo Bus ticket that departs from Furano to Sapporo? Is it usually full and require early booking?

Where to purchase the Twinkle bus that travels around Biei? Can I buy it in Tokyo or online? Is it available to all tourists or only to JR pass holder?
by Edo (guest)  

... 2010/6/18 13:57
Where to purchase the Chuo Bus ticket that departs from Furano to Sapporo? Is it usually full and require early booking?

You pay inside the bus. Reservations are not possible for the Sapporo-Furano bus.

Where to purchase the Twinkle bus that travels around Biei?

You can make reservations at JR railway stations in Hokkaido:
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/GLOBAL/pdf/e/ml201005.pdf

And JR Hokkaido has a ticket counter at Tokyo Station, where you should be able to make the reservations, as well.

Is it available to all tourists or only to JR pass holder?

It is only available to tourists who use JR.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Twinkle Bus 2010/6/18 16:38
Hi Uji.

Thanks for the info. This info is useful.

Would like to confirm what you meant by tourist who use JR.

If I do not possess a Hokkaido JR pass neither any other JR pass, am I able to purchase the twinkle bus ticket?
by Edo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/19 08:37
If I do not possess a Hokkaido JR pass neither any other JR pass, am I able to purchase the twinkle bus ticket?

Only if you have some other kind of JR ticket. The buses are for exclusive use by JR passengers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Twinkle bus 2010/6/21 18:54
Hi Uji,

how would you suggest me to do so that I can purchase the twinkle bus ticket? I'm taking lavender go bus from asahikawa airport to biei. Will not be possessing any jr pass at that time. I'm intereted in the takushinkan biei twinkle bus course.

Or can I merely buy the jr ticket from biei to furano (which I can use after I'm back from the twinkle bus tour) show this kippu and I can buy the twinkle bus tic?

If I possess a jr yamamote line kippu in Tokyo, can I
purchase it at the Tokyo station?

by Edo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread