Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Haneda via Train 2010/7/3 05:28
I'm a foreign exchange student who's going to be staying in Japan for a year. I have to transfer from Narita to Haneda airport in order to get to ÂXŒ§A˜Zƒ–Š. (Aomori prefecture, Rokkasho). My itinerary says we'll be arriving at Narita airport at 5:25pm on Friday, August 20th.

My host club said Japan's customs is going to take 3-4 hours and despite that we should be able to get onto either the limousine bus and/or the NEX.

Since I know some Japanese, my travel agency is going to pay for my overnight hotel stay if I look over two exchange students' who are also needing to transfer from Narita to Haneda.

The limousine bus is pretty straightforward, buy the ticket, get on, and ride to Haneda. Considering its also cheaper and we're not really traveling during peak hours. It's probably our safest bet.

However, as a back-up plan I'd like to know how to get to Haneda airport via train as well. If I'm reading the info correctly off their site, the NEX should take us to Tokyo station and google maps said there is a train that goes from tokyo station to haneda airport. If that is correct, what site do I need to look at for timetables so I can make sure we'd get to Tokyo station and onto the next train in time? If that is incorrect, what is the correct way to go from Narita to haneda via train?

Thank you for your time,

Derek Fuerstenberg
by DemonicDerek  

see this 2010/7/3 11:16
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html
Keisei Railway is more convenient from NRT to HND.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

What about this? 2010/7/3 11:23
I've been heavily using my Kanji Dictionary to try and weed out the information from the Japanese sites.

What about the following:

Narita to Shinagawa via NEX
Shinagawa to Haneda via Keikyuu (Stops at another station prior to Haneda but no transfer needed).

Simply because this may be the only time I can go on a shinkansen train in my exchange year I'm tempted to go via this route despite the easiness and slightly cheaper buses available. Although this route, because its a train is also a little more comfortable (space-wise considering the time) and also easier to sleep in due to the smoothness of trains.
by DemonicDerek rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/3 11:32
There is no direct train from Tokyo Station to Haneda Airport. I don't know what google maps is saying, but maybe you were reading Shinagawa Station in Tokyo. (Tokyo Station in Tokyo does not go direct).

If you take the NEX to SHINAGAWA Station, then at SHINAGAWA Station there is a transfer to the Keikyu Line direct to Shinagawa Station.

The very very best way is to take the direct limousine bus from Narita Airport to Haneda Airport.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Narita to Haneda 2010/7/3 11:54
Derek,

Customs at Narita Airport invariably takes about 2 minutes - unless you are carrying any illegal substances/items. It's Immigration that can sometimes take a while, usually about 10 to 20 minutes, but maybe up to one hour at busy periods.

As for getting from Narita to Haneda, there will be a new direct rail link starting on 17 July, so make sure you click on the "To/from Narita Airport (from July 17, 2010)" box for full details on the page below.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

an idea 2010/7/3 13:28
It's theoretically correct that you can ride a Shinkansen from Tokyo station to Shinagawa station, but NOBODY does it as Shinkansen never reaches its top speed for that short distance! Shinkansen runs just as fast as ordinary rapid trains within the city of Tokyo.

For other transportation between NRT and HND, just check the link from Dave in Saitama.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Shinkansen no more 2010/7/4 00:03
It's theoretically correct that you can ride a Shinkansen from Tokyo station to Shinagawa station, but NOBODY does it as Shinkansen never reaches its top speed for that short distance! Shinkansen runs just as fast as ordinary rapid trains within the city of Tokyo.

The only reason I considered going via shinkansen was because I'd like to see what that kinda speed is like... but if it doesn't get there then well its moot.

As for getting from Narita to Haneda, there will be a new direct rail link starting on 17 July, so make sure you click on the "To/from Narita Airport (from July 17, 2010)" box for full details on the page below.

However, that direct train from Narita to Haneda is looking like the best candidate as it costs less and well is pretty easy to execute.

Recheck Japan Guide's map 2010/7/4 14:10
Hello again,

So I've been looking at Narita's website and their train route map seems to be slightly off from yours. It seems that on Narita's website it shows that there isn't really a direct train route to Haneda like your train route seems to indicate...

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/access/train/index2.html

Which one is correct?

... 2010/7/4 18:31
Neither is wrong. They are just designed differently. The Narita Airport page does not show the direct trains. It only shows the train lines along which the train will be running (pink between Narita Airport and Aoto, green between Aoto and Sengakuji and green dotted between Sengakuji and Haneda).

And the pink line connection Narita with Ueno on the Narita Airport page is misleading, because such direct trains operate only in the early mornings and late evenings but not during most of the daytime.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread